Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mirror wiki locally?  (Read 461 times)

jugglervr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mirror wiki locally?
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:46:08 pm »

if what I'm asking is, i dunno, shameful or against ToS, then i apologize.
I'm wondering if it's easy (i know it's possible) to mirror the DF wiki locally, so i dont have to worry about being online to browse it
Actually, i'm really wondering if there's a printable version somewhere (i like the idea of printing out the game's entire "manual," especially the stone, ore, and building pages), but barring that I'd take a mirror.

Anyone know if such a thing is commonly done?

Thanks!

Qiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror wiki locally?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 01:54:06 pm »

Well, using firefox ,you can save webpages (file>save page as). I did that to save the pages i would access the most (ore, metal, gem, crops).
I would advise against downloading the whole wiki with a sitegrabber unless whoever hosts it is okay with it.

(also remembers a lot of the wiki is going to change with this next version  :) )

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 02:37:02 pm »

I think this is the second request this week; it should be possible to do. I think mediawiki actually supports it; you don't need the history, though.

Someone could make a reference/cheat sheet, too.

goffrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 05:30:01 pm »

You could set up MediaWiki locally and then export the wiki through http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Special:Export . This is probably more effort than it's worth though.