Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: civ-able and butcherable?  (Read 401 times)

deoxy

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert witty comment here.
    • View Profile
civ-able and butcherable?
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:14:18 pm »

I'd like a way to make a creature that can be butchered (like an wild animal) but that can be in a civ (so that it will attack in large groups from time to time).

From all my research, I don't think there's a way to do this... but I thought I'd ask.

I'd rather not change the ethics tags of my own civ, as most civs should no be butcherable, but I don't think changing the ethics tags would do it, anyway (from what I've read here before).

Nomalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: civ-able and butcherable?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 01:49:52 pm »

From my experiences, its not quite possible without a program such as 'Friendship/Slavery' or messing with the raws. Though if you add [PET] tag to a non [intelligent] race that can civ. But then you would need to luck out and capture a pregnant female and tame the child. With friendship you can steal animals/beings and designate them to be butchered.

Another way, and somewhat simpler way is to edit the raws to the race you want to butcher and add common domestic to its tags. I'm playing around with this in my current fort and so far I've been breeding and slaughtering Kobolds with great success. One thing to note, make sure you check littersize in the raws. You dont want to have a situation when your breeders start popping out 4-14 kids in a year a piece.

deoxy

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert witty comment here.
    • View Profile
Re: civ-able and butcherable?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 11:04:38 pm »

Eh, I don't want to tame and breed them, just butcher the corpses after I've beaten them off.  I made a "monster" race (basically, smaller GCS that attack in groups and use weapons and a little armor), and I would like them to be considered animals to be butchered rather than foes to be fought.