Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Captive breeding  (Read 664 times)

UristMcStudent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Captive breeding
« on: March 16, 2010, 03:17:28 pm »

Is there any way (through cheats, i think) to breed captives(goblins, humans, kobolds)?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Captive breeding
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 03:25:19 pm »

I believe it's possible in vanilla DF - I've seen a screenshot strongly implying so before, but I don't remember where.  The thing is, though, that it's not necessarily very likely.  But the invaders do need their own enclosure in which they can be safely let out of their cages.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McPicard has entered a martial trance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 06:02:03 pm »

I thought they had to be pregnant before being captured...but I'm not sure.
Ah, Dwarf Fortress. The only game where it's considered perfectly normal to discuss the most efficient method of farming and butchering friendly sentient beings for their valuable bones...

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 06:10:54 pm »

Civ races need to be married to have children.

It is possible to get a married couple to arrive (typically, a husband and wife from a trade caravan), but it is extremely unlikely.

Seigers tend not to produce married couples because the squads are generated the instant they arrive at your fort - they don't originate from an enemy city.  Only the leaders have a chance of being existing characters, and the odds of those characters showing up in a matching set are also fairly rare.

If you manage to capture some seigers or traders, you can duplicate your save, abandon, and look whoever you caught up in legends mode, maybe see if they have a spouse, but odds are, they aren't going to be a job that would actually send them on a caravan.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 12:40:24 am »

Is there any way (through cheats, i think) to breed captives(goblins, humans, kobolds)?
dwarf companion and lots of saving my friend
 turn them into another race save wait for some seasons(mostly 2) then turn them back. better yet separate the female gob from the rest and have her chain/ in a room morph her into a dog or some fast breeding animal.
if you don't have an dog or the same type then convert the a male gob.
then all you need to do next is remember to change her back to goblin before she in labor and you got a baby making machine.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes