Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: I feel like [s]Hitler[/s] Stalin now...  (Read 9034 times)

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I feel like [s]Hitler[/s] Stalin now...
« on: March 16, 2010, 01:14:42 pm »

So... my fps got below 20 and as promised I ordered the pulling of the lever. God I feel bad about that. My dwarves are currently watching a 7/7 wave flowing towards them with the only exit being sealed off by 7/7 water. I feel so much like Hitler right now for genociding my dwarves...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:05:52 pm by Nether »

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
Re: I feel like Hitler now...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 01:17:17 pm »

Get used to it. Seriously.

Or be like me an RP an actually well-meaning ruler.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 01:17:30 pm »

congratulations! you just graduated DF. here's your diploma:

Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 01:24:26 pm »

And a tresher just gave birth! Oh god...

I believe I rp a well-meaning ruler a bit too much... This is not good...

I do bad things to POW's, but they are not real, not ... r... damn.

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 01:29:25 pm »

You know who else felt like Hitler? Hitler. Way to go, you Nazi.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 01:31:01 pm »

Hey, if you can't genocide in a game, then where can you?

That said, I usually just abandon. So I can find the dwarfs later in adventure mode.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 01:32:39 pm »

And commit genocide?

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 01:35:01 pm »

And commit genocide?

No. Unless they refuse to join my adventures. Then YES! Unless they were one i liked during the fort's existence.

In fact, if i liked them enough, i'll deposit stuff in their home, if i can find it.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 01:36:13 pm »

AND THERE IS 3 PAGES OF CHILDREN AND BABIES!

Oh fucking hell, here I come...The water's 3/7 minimally now, everywhere.

Waffle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 01:43:24 pm »

Hurray for genocidage!

Edit: There's something to take waaay out of context.
.... I caught a snatcher with a child once that way.  Bloody odd having a cage with a thing holding a small cage inside, with a child inside that.
Yo, we heard you liked captives.  So we put a cage in your cage, so you can capture while you're capturing!

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 01:45:57 pm »

Hurray for genocidage!

FOX NEWS EXCLUSIVE!

OT: That's a LOT of kids. Maybe the adults can tie them together and use them as a raft. That'd be Hilarious!

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 01:52:57 pm »

Fun fact

Mothers drop their babies at 4/7 or 5/7 water if it's flowing, and babies can drown in it if you're not careful.

Someone even made a baby-removal-tool with flowing water over a hallway that ended in a deep pit. You don't have to feel bad for just killing dwarves once, there are entire forts build around the idea that if dwarves are kept miserable enough they will slaughter eachother and make items out of their former friends' bones and skins.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 01:55:45 pm »

Hurray for genocidage!

FOX NEWS EXCLUSIVE!

OT: That's a LOT of kids. Maybe the adults can tie them together and use them as a raft. That'd be Hilarious!
You made me lol... bastard XD

Fun fact

Mothers drop their babies at 4/7 or 5/7 water if it's flowing, and babies can drown in it if you're not careful.

Someone even made a baby-removal-tool with flowing water over a hallway that ended in a deep pit. You don't have to feel bad for just killing dwarves once, there are entire forts build around the idea that if dwarves are kept miserable enough they will slaughter eachother and make items out of their former friends' bones and skins.
Wow, I never knew that... I knew people went far here, but thats just... cruel XD.

Ok, if not Hitler, what am I?

EDIT: On second note, Hitler's a pussy compared to some guys here. what the hell are THEY!?

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 02:02:21 pm »

EDIT: On second note, Hitler's a pussy compared to some guys here. what the hell are THEY!?

Awesome? Epic? Great? Fantastic? Creative?

And honestly, the baby-killing river isn't a bad idea, though it's definitely easier to just change the variable in the INIT file.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 02:04:32 pm »

Awesome? Epic? Great? Fantastic? Creative?

And honestly, the baby-killing river isn't a bad idea, though it's definitely easier to just change the variable in the INIT file.
Hmmm, the babies were just dropped and are now drowning in the booze stockpile, though I'm rather uncertain whether it's the booze or the water that kills em.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5