Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help creating super dwarves  (Read 674 times)

Onamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need help creating super dwarves
« on: March 16, 2010, 11:52:38 am »

Alright, I want to build an awesome mega fort, but I don't want to waste time with food, booze, or sleeping. Is there anything I can change to make it so my dwarves don't need to eat drink or sleep?  I remember seeing it in a thread once... but I can't remember what it was... I think it was something like [NO_EAT],[NO_SLEEP], etc.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:10:05 pm by Onamar »
...a massive, golden, middle finger... to let the damn goblins who attack every merchant caravan that comes through know what I think of them.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need help creating super dwarves
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 12:17:20 pm »

Yeah, that's right. Just head go into the creature_standard text file, and add the tags in after the [CREATURE:DWARF] line. http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Creature_tokens has a bunch of useful tags. You might also like to add [SPEED:0] to make them move at incredible speeds (speed works backwards in the raws).

Onamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 12:19:10 pm »

Yea I already know the speed trick, and I just wanted to make sure I was adding the right tag.  One quick question though, if they don't drink, will they all get unhappy thoughts because they don't have any booze, or does making them not need to drink remove that altogether?

EDIT: Doh, just found the [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT] token, never mind that last question.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:21:07 pm by Onamar »
...a massive, golden, middle finger... to let the damn goblins who attack every merchant caravan that comes through know what I think of them.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 01:22:27 pm »

Might want to remove cave adaption too, unless you've already given them No Stun and no vomit, or whatever the tags are.

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McPicard has entered a martial trance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 05:58:44 pm »

Its [NO_STUN] and [NO_NAUSEA]

Or, make your dwarves have the [NO_blah] tags of a bronze colossus. Then they'll truely be epic.
Ah, Dwarf Fortress. The only game where it's considered perfectly normal to discuss the most efficient method of farming and butchering friendly sentient beings for their valuable bones...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 08:18:32 pm »

If you throw in AMPHIBIOUS would you also have to alter other things to get them to go into and/or build underwater, or is that hard coded?

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 09:18:39 pm »

If you throw in AMPHIBIOUS would you also have to alter other things to get them to go into and/or build underwater, or is that hard coded?

Nothing doing there. Any race you control will freak out in water, no matter what tags they have.

ronnyfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 12:51:30 am »

I think this is most of the awesome ones..

[SPEED:0][NO_EAT][NO_DRINK][NO_SLEEP][NOPAIN][NOFEAR][NOEXERT][NOEMOTION][NOTHOUGHT][NOBLEED][NOBREATHE][NONAUSEA][NOSTUCKINS][FIREIMMUNE][FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]
[SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]

If you want your babies to grow up and help out fast, remove [BABY:1] and make child [CHILD:1] (I don't know if [CHILD:0] would make them instantly be adults, or if removing it completely would? i think removing it makes your dwarf have no babies.

Modified in missing brackets! =D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 12:55:42 am by ronnyfire »