Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [PROJECT] Monster Injection  (Read 4308 times)

MagicGuigz

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: [PROJECT] Monster Injection
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 01:57:40 am »

But does the armor a creature wears count as "metal tissue?" To me, it seems like it does not, but alas my knowledge of the coming update is not 100%.

You're right, but there's a way:

Quote from: Shima
Would it be possible to give a creature acid (or some other material that works roughly the same) for blood, which would cause contact damage to items it bleeds on and/or harm anything that fights it melee?  An example of this would be the Xenomorphs of the Alien films.

There isn't any damage to items aside from the current damage over time to clothing etc., but you can make poison blood and it'll splatter all over the place and you can make it rot whatever creature tissues it touches (including tissues that don't normally rot).

(Replace "blood" with some sort of projectile.)

It's not a bad workaround, is it? 

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
Re: [PROJECT] Monster Injection
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 09:51:42 pm »

A little bump to see if anyone is still interested in making a D&D themed creature mod now that the new version's out. Of course there's a lot of mods with D&D creatures in them, but I'm hoping we can focus just on D&D creatures (and perhaps creatures from other RPGs, especially CoC since those horrors can show up in any setting 8)) and leave the random extras like plants and equipment for others.

Been trying my hand at modding the new creature raws. While I haven't tried out the various breath attacks and syndromes and what not, I think I've got a good grasp on body structure and composition.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:56:32 pm by Intelligent Shade of Blue »
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]
Pages: 1 [2]