Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Brutal: Wrath of the Wilds - Braaarghh  (Read 12883 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal: Wrath of the Wilds - Rules, Sign-ups, Character Creation
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2010, 07:23:48 pm »

You can choose from several clients, I personally use the firefox addon Chatzilla. Still don't know if we're going to use IRC though :) .
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2010, 09:47:54 pm »

You people are silly - who installs stuff to use AIM? I don't know anyone who has installed AIM in like six years.

The reason I picked it was it was so easy to use effectively without installing since it runs through the browser. If someone has a decent IRC browser app, I'll use that instead, but I seriously can't install anything on the computers I'd have access to at the times people are actually able to get to - AIM is the easiest one I know of that you don't have to install anything to use with full functionality.

http://products.aim.com/products/express

is the launch page link.

You would still need to create an account, but its not difficult - I make new ones all the time for my various RPs, and will be making a new one for this.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2010, 10:03:44 pm »

There are many IRC apps. For example, pjirc and mirc. The EsperNet PJIRC is , and the EsperNet MIRC is [url=http://www.esper.net/publicirc.php]here.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:18:50 pm by Cheddarius »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2010, 10:11:30 pm »

I know they exist, but the problems I usually have is they either don't work for me or just dont work well. Perhaps I just haven't run into many good ones yet.

Btw, your first link isn't.

Also, it looks like most of the basic tools I'll need like a dice roller need to be set up as a bot, so I'll at least have to grab us a channel and set up a bot before it becomes an option - neither of which I expect to be easily done through a browser client, but what do I know.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2010, 10:13:21 pm »

Okay, sn: Chipswithsalsa, you?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2010, 10:14:55 pm »

I'll have the name GlyphGryph set up by next session.

Also, I missed eagle mentioning someone could let us use their dicebot(/channel?) which would make things a bit more possible with IRC.

Also going to be playing around with this gametable thing. Armok mentioned another program, but the link didn't work.

Awesome, cross-platform, doesn't have to be installed, and worked the first time I tried it. Very promising so far. :P

AND it comes with a dice roller and built in chat room. Hmm... Not sure if I'd want it as primary chat vector though...

Bad news: Menus? Don't work for me in the slightest. I'll give it another try later, and it seems usable without that if someone can walk me through the hotkeys to initiate a session. (or invite me to join?)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 09:03:14 am by GlyphGryph »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2010, 12:35:05 am »

Also, I missed eagle mentioning someone could let us use their dicebot(/channel?) which would make things a bit more possible with IRC.

Istrian, the most experienced GM of BotG. But it's really simple to setup a dicebot, I have one. With a quick google search most people can set one up.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2010, 04:27:06 am »

I forgot to mention that IRC also has browser-based no-install clients. But gametable it is, then ;)

EDIT: Set up an AIM account, 'blackatbrutal'
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:27:48 am by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2010, 03:08:55 pm »

ok, registered on AIM, using my gmail address ("armokgob" at etc. etc.) somone try sending me something to see if it works.
Also, i wont be having it open in the browser, so it might be a good idea for someone to send me a reminder on skype when the session starts anyways.

I think i have figured out aproximately when the session is, but I have no idea if I'll be able to make it. Reminding me over skype 24 hours in advance will improve the odds a bit i think.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2010, 11:01:37 am »

Okay I got a AIM file named Criptfeind. So do I add all of you to my buddy list now?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2010, 04:24:50 pm »

We starting this now?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2010, 05:07:51 pm »

UI'm on AIM but none else seems to be, so i guess not. I'm going to sleep very soon, so I hope not.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2010, 05:11:17 pm »

It says you are not for some reason... and it appears that I messed up Tuesday and Thursday... I think the game is on in two days.  :-[

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2010, 05:14:54 pm »

Ok, so I do have AIM now, and I'll probably be able to make it on time if my estimation is corect (It's a little more than 12 hours from the moment I post this, right?), but my internet conection is messy and the AIM client seems sucky and dosn't handle it very well, so there is a risk I will be on the forums and skype and such avible but unable to log onto AIM. Any ideas what to do abaut this? Also, it would be nice if somone skyped me (armok_god_of_blood) once the session starts so I know if I got the time right, and they know if I'm avible.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2010, 05:24:11 pm »

I think the game is in 24 hours, right?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14