Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infinite ammo in adventure mode  (Read 771 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infinite ammo in adventure mode
« on: March 15, 2010, 07:26:41 pm »

I heard there was a way to mod it so you have infinite ammo in adventure mode. Anyone care to tell me hwo?

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite ammo in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 07:56:23 pm »

I heard there was a way to mod it so you have infinite ammo in adventure mode. Anyone care to tell me hwo?

I've heard of infinite ammo in fortress mode but nothing for adventure mode.

Ramirez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 08:02:00 pm »

How is you do that anyway? The only way I can think of is to create a new 0 density metal or wood and script in a reaction that makes a stack of several thousand of them (so that the stack will effectively never run out, even after outliving a number of marksdwarves).

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 08:39:13 pm »

How is you do that anyway? The only way I can think of is to create a new 0 density metal or wood and script in a reaction that makes a stack of several thousand of them (so that the stack will effectively never run out, even after outliving a number of marksdwarves).

It happened to someone accidentally, like most exploits and it took them a while to figure out how it happened. Let me see if I can find the thread, ah here it is http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42721.0

Basically it happened by accident during an extremely complicated series of events, which you could duplicate if you wanted to but it would be a pain in the ass. The automated exploit though is simple (on page 2), setup your archery targets so that they can not be used for practice:
(= wall, X target)
=======
  X   X

Tell them to shoot from top to bottom, marksdwarves will go off duty and just keep stuffing wooden or bone bolts into their quivers until you tell them to go back on duty. They won't move very fast though. It will also let you gather up single wooden or bone bolts left over from fights, hunting or practice and put them in quivers.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 12:35:44 am »

1. Go to any area with sand, pebbles, or vomit.
2. Pick some up.
3. Repeat.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!