Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A blessing or a possible curse?  (Read 1678 times)

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: A blessing or a possible curse?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 05:36:02 am »

Throwing dwarves who don't know the business end of a pick at the veins the first thing you do WILL generate some good migration in the short time spectrum though.

Once you mine valuable gold there will be a rush, so to speak. Towards the gold.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 07:12:32 am »

Well, I'm at least gunna get some golden statues for my statue garden...
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 08:08:26 am »

I believe the solution to too much gold is called 'Stud item with gold'*, and it works best on repeat.  Soon everything in your fortress will be covered in yellow dots and all your dorfs will think they are getting migraines.

* Actually this solution very often leads to the opposite problem, 'I wish I still had some gold left'.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 10:58:23 am »

Speaking of gold.

Am I the only one who routinely buys wood, stone and metals from caravans? Hell. I tell the humans I WANT the damn things.

It's because not only do I like to have the dwarves build and craft with all kinds of different valuable metals, but it also unloads alot of weight from the trader. So he has more room for my crap.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 01:56:05 pm »

Speaking of gold.

Am I the only one who routinely buys wood, stone and metals from caravans? Hell. I tell the humans I WANT the damn things.

It's because not only do I like to have the dwarves build and craft with all kinds of different valuable metals, but it also unloads alot of weight from the trader. So he has more room for my crap.
I ask dwarves for stone, because stone costs less than the smelted metal, and everybody brings leather and dyes for my legendary leatherworker and clothier to play with. Room usually doesn't come into the picture, since I typically sell either lots of small and light crafts, or a very few roasts.
Pages: 1 [2]