Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Suddenly, my adventurer is stuck.  (Read 2555 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suddenly, my adventurer is stuck.
« on: March 14, 2010, 04:27:01 pm »

I'd have a hard time describing this in words, so simply:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought it's a good idea to alt-jump into a river (Legendary swimmer and such) which was 2 z-levels below my adventurer, but she fell unconcious and when she woke up she was in this box.
There's dolomite literally all around her, no possiblity of getting out that I see without teleporting of some sort.
Oh, and the blood stain is from some limb I can't recall.

I have no idea how she's not suffocating about a month in there already, but here's a question to you all - can I get her out in some sort of ways that dosen't involve savescumming and Dwarf Companion (or such cheats)? 

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Suddenly, my adventurer is stuck.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 04:44:22 pm »

Led Tekkudishen, Legendary Wrestler, has pierced the earth!

Tried to use 'T'ravel mode?

And... it's something I never seen before. You mean, this 'box' is directly under river? Like, one z-level above there's rushing water?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:46:34 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 04:58:53 pm »

Trying to launch travel mode gave me the message "You can't travel because you're journeying underground"
And I can't reliably tell if it's directly under the river or not, yet I did a little math (where the river is supposed to be, where I am now) which said that I'm about two z-levels below the ground.

And speaking of piercing the earth, I actually think this might be a dwarven plot, knowing that trying to fight me will end up in instadeath, they dug out a box when I was unconcious they walled me in.
I might be just imagining things, since I was a travel-screen from the nearest dwarven civ which I didn't destroy, but still. The only plausible way I can think of.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:00:44 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 06:17:59 pm »

Upload the save! I wanna check this out.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 06:21:48 pm »

The spinning *dwarven wrestler* strikes the earth in the River!

It is pierced!
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 06:22:24 pm »

Upload the save! I wanna check this out.

Seconded!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McMason has been feeling clever lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 06:59:50 pm »

That is completely mysterious.  Wow.  Stone caving in around you is the only thing I can think of regarding that.  I think an important distinction is that you're not "in a box" of stone.  Your adventurer seems to be sharing the same square with a stone wall what with the "stuck" description.  I think this would be a similar set of circumstances as to being encased in magma while the temperature setting is turned off.  Is your adventurer suffocating?  Do you have "no breath" on the creature type?  Do you have mods installed?  Have you made any changes in the raws?
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 12:51:59 am »

As far as I recall, only water (and magma without the temperature on) should drown anyone. So, technically, I don't see any reason for this adventurer to be not breathing (in game terms, of course).

But, I seriously wonder just... HOW? Maybe you're carrying so much stuff that you just become some sort of living pick-axe?
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 03:04:49 am »

stuck to a wall

Bizarre. I've never even heard of this description.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 03:40:08 am »

Wow...   You actually appear to be inside the rock.  I think this is even cooler than simply having a weird worldgen anomaly that cause a tiny box to appear belowground that you just fell into.

Heh...   Try looking up a few levels.  If you are underneath the river, you should be able to see the ghost image of the surrounding area from when you were up above.  That should give you an idea as to where you are in relation to everything else.

Now this is just plain neat...   I wonder if the game somehow "forgot" to recognize when you hit the ground, so you kept falling until it picked up the slack and stopped you, smack dab in the middle of nothing.

Oh, yeah...  When you're looking up to find the river, make a note of how many levels underground you are.  If it's about 15-16+, make special note of it.  It might be possible that you hit the bottom of the world before stopping.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 06:42:16 am »

I can't seem to locate the *exact* adventurer save yet. But answering a few people:
@bamorrow: I have vanilla 40d with the carp raw modified to add the thermonuclear carpsplosion. I had enough of them pulling my dabbling swimmers into murky pools, so it had to die.
@Doomshifter: All I had was my clothing, about 50 units of meat and 20 units of stacked booze. Hell, I wasn't even encumbered properly.
@Kagus: I'm 15 z-levels away from the sky's limit. Also, I can't really see anything, all calculations I made, etc. etc. were a stack of "implying implying implying implying implying". Does this mean that she was moved with the current when she was asleep? And then broke the time-space fabric? Because damn, it's awesome to break it when you're awake, but it's the pinnacle of awesomeness to break it accidentally when you're unconcious. And stunned. At the same time.

I'm gonna upload the save when I find it.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 11:59:08 am »

After you get bored you should let yourslef die and make a fortress on top of his position, then dig for him. I can imagine the dwarves faces when they find him.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 12:05:28 pm »

After you get bored you should let yourslef die retire here and make a fortress on top of his position, then dig for him. I can imagine the dwarves faces when they find him.

Urist McSupervisor: Urist, dig faster, we need more dolomite!
Urist McMiner: Yeah, sure...
*dig dig dig*
Urist McMiner: Hey, there's a hole the-
Led Tekkudishen: Hiya!

Urist McMiner has died from heart attack.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:08:21 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

kristian02

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 12:23:07 pm »

After you get bored you should let yourslef die retire here and make a fortress on top of his position, then dig for him. I can imagine the dwarves faces when they find him.

Urist McSupervisor: Urist, dig faster, we need more dolomite!
Urist McMiner: Yeah, sure...
*dig dig dig*
Urist McMiner: Hey, there's a hole the-
Led Tekkudishen: Hiya!

Urist McMiner has died from heart attack.

Haha I lold  :D

Mapleleaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 04:57:20 pm »

Now imagine Led as a disgruntled old woman that hasn't seen light for years.

With a set of huge biceps and perfect abs.
Pages: [1] 2