Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Prosthetics  (Read 1030 times)

anyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Prosthetics
« on: February 29, 2008, 03:45:00 pm »

The title pretty much says it all... I just REALLY want one of my dwarves to make (and wear) an artifact pegleg that menaces with spikes. It would also make amputees more useful.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Prosthetics
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:52:00 pm »

I can just picture my double-amputee wrestler ripping goblins to shreds with a pair of +Adamantium Hooks+.

I secondify this!

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 03:54:00 pm »

Thirded!
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »

I know I've seen this before. I think it's a power goal but I'm not sure. It may have just been a suggestion. I get the feeling that we will see it though. I think it would be fun if you could toss in some high quality mechanisms and have the prosthetic be rudimentarily functional. I'm not sure if I'd like it to get all "Army of Darkness" style but maybe.
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 04:07:00 pm »

Should Iron prosthetics be just as functional as the original while steel/adamantine are better than the "real thing"?
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

I can already see people losing limbs on purpose in adventure mode to replace them with adamantine ones.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Nate879

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »

Fourthed or whatever.  Iron limbs should do more damage than regular ones, but should be much slower to use, especially with low strength, because they're so heavy.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don''t.<P>The ultimate fate of the universe.

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »

I'll only second this is parrots are introduced as pets!
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

mutant mell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 11:16:00 pm »

Bloat35, PROSTHETIC LIMBS, (Future): Prosthetic limbs, could be fitted to individuals. Could be improved with hooks and so on.

But yeah, it would be really cool.

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 03:42:00 am »

Splints and crutches would also be a nice addition that would allow dwarfs that just have a broken leg or hand to get their own food and water.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 06:13:00 am »

I've been dabbling in making a pirate mod, and peglegs (as well as parrots) would make essential contributions.

As would the ability to tweak the world generator so that we can get more tropical-heat areas.  As it is, the world won't generate at all unless you've got a map huge enough to support two temperature poles.  And even then, the English might get shoved out of the generations because there isn't enough space for all three races.