Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 5 - Game Over: Town wins!  (Read 27331 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 5 - Day 2: Where's The Blanket?
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2010, 02:03:25 pm »

Meph, you basically just gave a list of players and said that some of them are scum and some aren't. Not exactly helpful.

@Jim: There was more to it that I had yet to post. My question now becomes, "Org, why are you trying to 'casually' to shift the blame over to lurkers?" Like Jim said, lurkers are the easiest place to dump suspicion without looking over scummy. It backfired on you, however; the scum weren't lurking. The night actions finished up real quick, meaning the scum were on and they were active. Jim hasn't been here for a few days. Analysis?

Org, you're scum and you're trying (pathetically) to cover your ass. Next time maybe you can use a real accusation that isn't so very flawed.
Or maybe I am having trouble and do not have much time to actually look at anyone other then making broad generalizations to those who are lurking and not helping town by lying low?

I think Mr Person is scum, for being generally weird and acting strange during day one. He was like agreeing with Toony and giving weak/strange defenses.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2010, 03:28:16 pm »

Oh, can we get a vote count? I want to see if Eduren is telling the truth.
It doesn't. I used my RV to test it yesterday.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2010, 03:56:12 pm »

Lashing back at suspicions, much?

Only as much as it returns useful results in scum hunting. So far, I think it's been helpful.

You're not at the top of my suspicious list right now, but since I'm not sure about you, why not use the (perfect) opportunity you gave me to make an accusation and see how you respond?

But that's only part of the picture.

I'm more interested in seeing how others respond to my accusation of you, because my gut tells me that you're not scum at this point. Judging by the positive response, either the scum see an opportunity to piggy back onto my attack on you, or you're scum and the town agrees with me. I'm betting the former, personally.

Also I'm waiting for people to answer my questions. That's right, Mr. Person, I'm talking to you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2010, 04:05:39 pm »

Hmm... looking back at it, there's a fair chance Toony had scum on his bandwagon.  I also don't see much reason for the Vote Redirector to have acted yesterday, which we should bear in mind when we MC.

Jim's posting looks pretty good - I'd say he's town at the moment.  Certainly nothing there that needs scrutiny right now.

UnvoteMephansteras looks a lot worse.  Considering I am effectively on his scumlist, he hasn't said anything about me.  I also see the potential for WIFOM (and I AM using that word correctly in this case) with a partner redirecting him to make him look town.  He also seems to be trying to build a scumteam, even though he has little to no evidence of connections.

I don't see a reason for Eduren to lie about being Twin Voter whether he's town or scum, Meph.  If he's caught in his lie, he gets lynched.  If he isn't... he gains very little benefit.  I would like him to answer my question though.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2010, 04:31:15 pm »

Eduren, why were you still voting me at the end of the day without any kind of reasoning?
This? I guess my reasoning was flawed yesterday, and I didn't realize that my vote was still there.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 5 - Night 1: That's Good Stew.
« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2010, 09:35:01 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Mr.Person - Org,
Jokerman-EXE -
JanusTwoface - Jim Groovester,
Mephansteras - JanusTwoface, Leafsnail,
Org -
Leafsnail -
Eduren - Jokerman-EXE,
Jim Groovester - Mephansteras,

Not Voting - Eduren, Mr.Person,

Day ends Monday 9PM Central.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2010, 11:26:19 pm »

I think Mr Person is scum, for being generally weird and acting strange during day one. He was like agreeing with Toony and giving weak/strange defenses.

I never knew agreeing with townies was a crime now.

Mr. Person: I've been getting some odd vibes from you, as well. Mostly from your interactions with JTF during Day 1. It's almost a constant back and forth between you. Scum buddies having a bit of fun, perhaps? Why so chummy between the two of you?

I can provide examples, naturally.

What exactly are you accusing me of?

Since ToonyMan was town, I'll go ahead and continue with his logic by voting Leafsnail

Eduren, why were you still voting me at the end of the day without any kind of reasoning?

Why are you voting a guy for voting you?

Why did you vote ToonyMan for voting you? You never said what made ToonyMan scummy. Ever. You then proceed to disappear for the rest of Day 1. I'd also like to note that when you voted Meph, the first thing you say about his is that he finds you suspicious. Guys, Leafsnail is self-preserving.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2010, 11:54:32 pm »

Being too friendly with JTF, initially. Being scum, ultimately. What else would I be accusing you of? Bad breath? Poor fashion? Bad dancing?

This is a mafia game. It's not like there's a lot of mystery in what we're trying to find out.

Will you answer the question, now that I've needlessly clarified what I was accusing you of?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2010, 04:37:55 am »

Why are you voting a guy for voting you?

Why did you vote ToonyMan for voting you? You never said what made ToonyMan scummy. Ever. You then proceed to disappear for the rest of Day 1. I'd also like to note that when you voted Meph, the first thing you say about his is that he finds you suspicious. Guys, Leafsnail is self-preserving.
The first part - because I didn't see any reason for his vote on me.  Second part - I wanted ToonyMan to provide backup for is accusations, which he simply wasn't, and which was getting annoying.  I then "disappeared" for 3 hours - from 1 to 4 o' clock in the morning for me.  To be honest, I didn't check the deadline - I was more in a mafiascum mindset, where days frequently last for several weeks.  I suppose I should've asked for an extension, but the same applies to everyone else just as much.

For Meph, my point was that, even though he marked me as scum, he didn't follow it up at all.  All he's really done is divide the town into two arbitrary groups.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2010, 04:43:28 am »

Being too friendly with JTF, initially. Being scum, ultimately. What else would I be accusing you of? Bad breath? Poor fashion? Bad dancing?

This is a mafia game. It's not like there's a lot of mystery in what we're trying to find out.

Will you answer the question, now that I've needlessly clarified what I was accusing you of?

I haven't seen him do anything scummy yet. Have you?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 05, 2010, 07:48:22 am »

Agreeing with town?
I guess that if you are scum you know they are town.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 05, 2010, 01:09:50 pm »

For Meph, my point was that, even though he marked me as scum, he didn't follow it up at all.  All he's really done is divide the town into two arbitrary groups.

It's just an initial division based on my instincts. Didn't have much time over the weekend to review things. So, no, I didn't actually accuse anyone of anything yet. And, if you'll note, I said 'One of these people is probably scum' and 'one of this other group is probably scum'. I never said I specifically thought that you were scum. Just that you were part of a group that I figured contained at least one scum. But thanks for jumping at that, it was quite helpful.

I'll have more time during lunch today to go back through and analyze people. For now, though, unvote and vote Leafsnail for being jumpy about being in a possible scum list.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 05, 2010, 01:16:53 pm »

I'm playing dumb.

Stop playing dumb. Here, links to most of your interactions with JTF.

JanusTwoFace and Mr. Person,
Sitting in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
First comes love,
then comes marriage,
then comes a baby in a baby carriage.

The point being, you two interacted a lot during Day 1. Which is odd. Very odd.

What looks suspicious, though, is Janus voting for you when you already had two votes, as Meph pointed out.

So, a question. The one I already asked you, and the one you danced around by being a dillweed. Why were you interacting so much with JanusTwoFace?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 05, 2010, 01:48:52 pm »

Janus made a statement and asked for a response, so I responded. Janus then voted me. I responded to his vote. I then comment that I don't think Janus was rolefishing. Janus comments that he wasn't seriously voting.

Once again, I don't see what you're accusing me of. Interaction is quite normal in a mafia game, I assure you. The fact you're pushing this without explaining yourself is, honestly, getting really annoying.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 05, 2010, 01:53:15 pm »

It's just an initial division based on my instincts. Didn't have much time over the weekend to review things. So, no, I didn't actually accuse anyone of anything yet. And, if you'll note, I said 'One of these people is probably scum' and 'one of this other group is probably scum'. I never said I specifically thought that you were scum. Just that you were part of a group that I figured contained at least one scum. But thanks for jumping at that, it was quite helpful.

I'll have more time during lunch today to go back through and analyze people. For now, though, unvote and vote Leafsnail for being jumpy about being in a possible scum list.
Oh yes, Meph, I'm terrified of your lack of scumhunting.  I obviously cracked under the massive lack of pressure you're putting on me.

Now, your list is complete bullshit for a simple reason.
And, if you'll note, I said 'One of these people is probably scum' and 'one of this other group is probably scum'.
Two arbitrary groups...
Just that you were part of a group that I figured contained at least one scum. But thanks for jumping at that, it was quite helpful.
A group you think contains one or both scum...

Which is it, Meph?  If it's the first, what makes you think that both scum couldn't've been on the wagon?  Indeed, what makes you think there isn't the possibility they held back?  If it's the second... why bother with those groups in the first place?  Why not just say "I think Org, Leafsnail and Jim are scummy for bandwagonning ToonyMan" and then follow it up, rather than create this list which, as you admit, does not actually say ANYTHING AT ALL?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24