Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 5 - Game Over: Town wins!  (Read 27299 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 5 - Day 2: Where's The Blanket?
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2010, 10:20:18 am »

Mephansteras: You've made a big deal out of my absence. Experience tells me that scum pick on lurkers because they're safe targets to aim suspicion. What's your opinion on this?

You were the only person who hadn't chimed in since the RV phase day 1, so it made sense to me to try to get you to talk. Since your vote was on ToonyMan yesterday when he got lynched, and you still hadn't said anything, I saw no reason to change my vote.

Fact of the matter is, it seems unlikely that all of the people voting Toony yesterday were town. I know I'm town (and wasn't supposed to be voting Toony anyway), and Pandarsenic is dead so we know he was town. That leaves you, Leafsnail, and Org.

It's also very possible that the Vote Redirector is scum, since that would let them move votes over to someone they want to lynch without risking themselves.

So, I'm betting one of you three is scum and the other is JanusTwoFace, Mr.Person, Jokerman, or Eduren.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2010, 12:12:16 pm »

Meph, you basically just gave a list of players and said that some of them are scum and some aren't. Not exactly helpful.

@Jim: There was more to it that I had yet to post. My question now becomes, "Org, why are you trying to 'casually' to shift the blame over to lurkers?" Like Jim said, lurkers are the easiest place to dump suspicion without looking over scummy. It backfired on you, however; the scum weren't lurking. The night actions finished up real quick, meaning the scum were on and they were active. Jim hasn't been here for a few days. Analysis?

Org, you're scum and you're trying (pathetically) to cover your ass. Next time maybe you can use a real accusation that isn't so very flawed.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2010, 01:12:58 pm »

Mephansteras: You've made a big deal out of my absence. Experience tells me that scum pick on lurkers because they're safe targets to aim suspicion. What's your opinion on this?

You were the only person who hadn't chimed in since the RV phase day 1, so it made sense to me to try to get you to talk. Since your vote was on ToonyMan yesterday when he got lynched, and you still hadn't said anything, I saw no reason to change my vote.

Fact of the matter is, it seems unlikely that all of the people voting Toony yesterday were town. I know I'm town (and wasn't supposed to be voting Toony anyway), and Pandarsenic is dead so we know he was town. That leaves you, Leafsnail, and Org.

My vote on ToonyMan was a random one, meant to spark discussion. If I had logged on after that point, I would have changed my vote since I did not believe that ToonyMan was scum.

As for your list of suspicions... that's everybody. A player who has broad suspicions and goes after lurkers is a player who looks a lot like scum.

@Jim: There was more to it that I had yet to post.

It appears you are more helpful than my first impression of you would indicate.

By all means, continue.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2010, 01:57:17 pm »

Well thank you. I just have to wait for Org to respond at this point. I imagine it's pretty difficult for scum to come back when they've walked into a trap like that.
BLARG IM DED

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2010, 04:58:31 pm »

Unvote. Be back eventually, I just wanted to let it be know that Jim's response is absolutely fucking perfect.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2010, 06:19:17 pm »

Sorry for my absense, I've literally been in airports for the last few days and will continue to be so until tomorrow.  I happened upon a wifi hotspot duruing a layover, so here it goes.  For reference, I'm going to be at the mercy of public WiFi for the next week, so if I don't show up for a day or two, that's why.

What's happened since my last post:
- Policy lynch on Toony. 
- Mr.Person fails at closing tags.
- Org is distracted by new DF (why oh why did it have to come out now?!)
- Meph got redirected, is not the Redirector
- Jim blames lazy for lack of internet, I think he's looking for any excuse to lurk
- Jim get odd vibes on me, I'll respond to his question in a bit
- Meph says (Jim, Leaf, Org) + (me, Mr.Person, Jokerman, Eduren)

Since I can't ask you to respond to my odd vibes, I'll ask you a question. Can you explain your vote on Org, here? Did you think he was scum, or were you just trying to set up a convenient way to avoid changing your vote?

You basically answered your own question:

Org: Are you always this helpful? Awwwww screw it, I already know the answer.

Org is next to impossible to read and makes a decent first day lynch if no one is acting scummier.  I don't particularly think that TM was scummy, but that might be because he was defending me.  Classic scum tactic, I know, but it turns out it wasn't this time.

Meph, you basically just gave a list of players and said that some of them are scum and some aren't. Not exactly helpful.

I have to agree with this.  You claim the scum team is (Jim, Leaf, Org) + (me, Mr.Person, Jokerman, Eduren).  That's everyone left in the game except for yourself.  Normally, you aren't quite this sloppy / all accusing and that makes me suspicious.  Right now, I'm leaning towards a scumteam of Mephansteras and Org.  Which looks rather familiar methinks.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2010, 08:33:52 pm »

What's happened since my last post:
- Policy lynch on Toony. 
- Mr.Person fails at closing tags.
- Org is distracted by new DF (why oh why did it have to come out now?!)
- Meph got redirected, is not the Redirector
- Jim blames lazy for lack of internet, I think he's looking for any excuse to lurk
- Jim get odd vibes on me, I'll respond to his question in a bit
- Meph says (Jim, Leaf, Org) + (me, Mr.Person, Jokerman, Eduren)

I dislike summary. It's a cheap way for scum to look like they're contributing.

*grumble grumble*

I don't have anything to ask you right now. But I'm keeping my eye on you, because I don't trust you. You just don't seem as... pro-town as normal.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2010, 08:50:24 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, but I feel it should be known.

I am the Twin Voter, I am twinned with Org. If you Vote him, you vote me(vice-versa).

I didn't want to have to claim this at L-1 or something like that, so there you go.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2010, 08:52:35 pm »

Sorry rl probs be back tomorrow

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2010, 01:41:14 am »

Unvote Org. I see no reason that Eduren would lie about that.

I'm the last person to say RL problems don't matter, so good luck and I hope you have some answers tomorrow.
BLARG IM DED

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2010, 10:56:17 am »

Answers to what, exactly?
Who I think is scum?
One moment.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2010, 11:45:41 am »

As for your list of suspicions... that's everybody. A player who has broad suspicions and goes after lurkers is a player who looks a lot like scum.

Um...I specifically split up the list. Yes, I covered everyone in it. However, I strongly suspect that Jim, Leafsnail, or Org is one of the scum and that the other is from the second set. You're making it sound like I just said 'Everyone could be scum' and left it at that. Lashing back at suspicions, much?

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2010, 11:46:29 am »

Oh, can we get a vote count? I want to see if Eduren is telling the truth.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2010, 11:46:48 am »

Also, dead chat.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2010, 01:54:12 pm »

Oh, can we get a vote count? I want to see if Eduren is telling the truth.
I doubt it would show up on it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24