Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 5 - Game Over: Town wins!  (Read 27293 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 5 - Day 1: We Require A Sacrifice!
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2010, 12:39:46 pm »

Aaah, but I'm a townie. Why do you want me to vote for a player I know to be town aligned?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2010, 12:47:04 pm »

Becauase I don't believe you.  Also, you are (almost) infinitely more likely to be the Permanent Voter than Jokenman-EXE.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2010, 12:47:49 pm »

Becauase I don't believe you.  Also, you are (almost) infinitely more likely to be the Permanent Voter than Jokenman-EXE.

Where do you get that from?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2010, 12:50:47 pm »

Where do you get that from?

Because Jokerman revealed the Permanent Voter, that's not his role.  Ergo, the chance that Mr.Person has the role is infinitely times as likely.  The almost is because if Mr.Person and Jokerman are scum they could have revealed each other's roles to mess with us.  It's unlikely though because the first scum to die would reveal the other.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2010, 12:59:06 pm »

Ah, right. That makes sense.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2010, 02:09:34 pm »

Unvote.  JanusTwoFace, that is total bullshit and you know it.  It's also rolefishing, and seems rather elaborate for what is ostensibly a random vote.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2010, 02:30:12 pm »

Unvote.  JanusTwoFace, that is total bullshit and you know it.  It's also rolefishing, and seems rather elaborate for what is ostensibly a random vote.

Protecting your budddddyyy.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2010, 02:51:25 pm »

I disagree that he's rolefishing. His question is stupid, but do you seriously think he's trying to get me to go "You caught me, I'm the Permanent Voter!"
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2010, 03:08:40 pm »

I'm the Permanent Voter!
Alright.  ;D

Anyway. Unvote and Leafsnail. Why are you voting him for something that is "ostensibly a random vote."
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2010, 04:26:23 pm »

@Mr.Person - voting someone because they may be a role is not good, even in RV.  For one thing, it implies that he does not have the role.  For another, it could get a claim for a possibly anti town role like that one.

@Eduren - get a dictionary.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN UPS: 10 / 13] Vote Mafia 5 {A- Rank}
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2010, 04:29:09 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic - Jokerman-EXE, Mr.Person,
Mr.Person - ToonyMan, Mephansteras, JanusTwoface,
ToonyMan - Jim Groovester,
Jokerman-EXE -
JanusTwoface - Leafsnail,
Mephansteras -
Org -
Leafsnail - Eduren,
Eduren - Pandarsenic,
Jim Groovester -

Not Voting - Org,

Day Ends Tuesday 9PM Central.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2010, 04:39:48 pm »

@Mr.Person - voting someone because they may be a role is not good, even in RV.  For one thing, it implies that he does not have the role.  For another, it could get a claim for a possibly anti town role like that one.

@Eduren - get a dictionary.

True. I do recommend to avoid even mentioning roles until the MC. However, I still don't think Janus was rolefishing.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2010, 04:46:18 pm »

Unvote. Forgot I was still voting Mr.Person. I'm not really happy with his answer, but I'm also not all that sure that he's done anything scummy.

Not really sure what's going on right now. We seem to have an odd mixture of actual accusations and RV voting at the moment.

Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2010, 04:57:11 pm »

Redirector chooses someone during the day iirc.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2010, 05:15:41 pm »

Not rolefishing nor that elaborate.  Simple math.  Any percent is infinitely times no percent.

Random vote == random vote.  This is compared to multiple 'yes or no?' and completely pointless questions.  At least Mephansteras had a good question of Jokerman.  Quick look back doesn't show anything else worth asking.

Not really sure what's going on right now. We seem to have an odd mixture of actual accusations and RV voting at the moment.

For the record, my posts before now have essentially been random voting and statistcal games.  Now I have at least something to go on:

Redirector chooses someone during the day iirc.

Org. Please.  Put a little bit of effort into the game, yes?  You have the role PM.  It's a matter of seconds to click 'My Messages' and look.  A power like that might actually be useful to know more about.  Especially if it's a day power.  That's not something that's terribly common.

And then try some scum hunting.  A shock, I know.  Now, I'm back on the same policy that I've had in Paranormal.  I will vote you until you do something useful.  With your average post content, it's next to impossible to read you in the average game.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24