Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: We're being fired at by a whatever caliber historically accurate howitzer! Run!  (Read 1752 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

To be fair, it's not like they had regenerating health bars in WW2 either.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Yeah, artillery isn't very dangerous unless the shells are a foot in diameter and full of gunpowder, with the ability to exhume a coffin and throw it twenty feet through the air.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I am also posting a non sequitur.
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Sorry, the post I just made should have been the twelfth,

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought standard bomb treatment is blasting with liquid nitrogen? Or is that for conventional bombs and not the improvised?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Garrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Facebook.com

To the OP.
From my training, the point of being able to identify what weapon is being fired, is in "conventional warfare" (which basically "nobody" does anymore) it can tell you what else might be fired at you.

eg, they are firing a .50cal mg at you... rules certain supporting weapons in/out. Also gives an indication of range, if you can shoot them from further away than they can shoot you then you only have to get that far away then shoot back.

The other thing is, it is suprisingly easy to tell the difference between 5.56, 7.62, .40cal, .50 cal, .30cal, .... and different rates of fire (eg: when a .50cal heavy barrel machine gun is timed wrong and is firing either fast or slow it is more likely to jam).
Is there any way to remove mud outdoors?
Yea, use dirt roads to clear off the mud.
Garrie.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

I thought standard bomb treatment is blasting with liquid nitrogen? Or is that for conventional bombs and not the improvised?

Depends entirely on what and where the bomb is. If you don't have time to screw around the standard treatment is 'Heave grenade at bomb. Run.'

Certain guns do have very distinctive shot sounds, the old German MG42 for instance is quite unique and can be identified almost instantly when it starts it's demonic buzzing. I doubt soldiers run around announcing what they're being shot at with, but i expect the more experienced soldiers probably think to themselves "Fuckers have AK's" or something.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 06:44:05 am by Neruz »
Pages: 1 [2]