Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Troopers  (Read 2588 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Dwarf Troopers
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 08:15:06 pm »

Use the Modding section of the forums for help, if you want/need it.

Post your achievements here! I want to see how this goes...
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 08:17:38 pm »

I'll maybe start tomorrow.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 08:18:23 pm »

Hurrah procrastination!
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 08:20:58 pm »

May the Force be with me.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 11:27:47 pm »

I could help if you want? Seeing as I will be taking full advantage of this mod when it is done anyhow.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 11:40:06 pm »

Platinum/Silver armor.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 07:27:14 am »

Alright, Bishop.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 09:07:31 am »

They won't reach high marksdwarf level due to the fact that they will be slaughtered cause of bad armor.

Armor doesn't help against arrows and bolts anyways due to their nature of piercing both lungs and the heart even if you're wearing masterwork steel armour (a champ of mine got killed by the very first bolt fired in a siege, wearing that)
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 02:41:12 pm »

this is relevant to my interests.
I dont mind helping out either really.

The only problem is that there are so many differant weapon types and people will complain about what went where and how hard it is to combine an army of x with y because they both use the same bit.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 03:30:57 pm »

I'd make the mod, but due to limitations, sadly, you'd have stormtroopers shooting out "laser blaster batteries" at enemies.

If you didn't mind that thing breaking immersion, then I guess I can make the mod. But I'm not much of a star wars fan.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 03:40:22 pm »

"If this is a Consular Caravan, then WHERE is the ambassador?"

*choke*  "You've just dropped *choke* her into the magma pit."

BitLooter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 05:03:02 pm »

They won't reach high marksdwarf level due to the fact that they will be slaughtered cause of bad armor.
Have you ever seen a stormtrooper not go down immediately when hit by a blaster? I don't know why they even bother wearing armor, unless someone is using a Jedi crotch kick it seems pretty worthless.
Well really, if you can't be an insane Dwarven dictator hellbent on genociding Mermaids for their precious bones in a video game, where CAN you?

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 05:46:37 pm »

Have you ever seen a stormtrooper not go down immediately when hit by a blaster? I don't know why they even bother wearing armor, unless someone is using a Jedi crotch kick it seems pretty worthless.

Their armour isn't there to protect them from harm, it's there to prevent blood from spilling on the carpet.
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 06:23:39 pm »

Possibly the armor is to protect them from the sprays of metal vaporizing off the walls from missed shots, rather than direct hits?
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 06:39:00 pm »

Possibly the armor is to protect them from the sprays of metal vaporizing off the walls from missed shots, rather than direct hits?

The rebel and storm trooper armor is the equivilent of paper bags. I'm guessing that all the good armor goes to making those spiffy bright-red badges put directly on the most visible shoulder of the commander, making him a nice, big target.

"Hmm, shoot this guy, or the guy commanding that guy..."
*Bang!*
"OH GOD! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 [2] 3