Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Troopers  (Read 2592 times)

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
Dwarf Troopers
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:31:48 pm »

I checked around the forum and didn't find this, so here's my idea :

DWARVEN STORMTROOPERS!!!     :o

I will make them bone armor, an entire suit, so it's white like the actual troopers from the movies, then I give them a cross bow and there ya go. I can have an awesome army of Marksdwarves that I just rename to StormTroopers.

Has this been done before?

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Troopers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:33:11 pm »

eh, they'll eventually become to accurate when shooting to be actual stormtroopers
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 07:33:44 pm »

eh, they'll eventually become to accurate when shooting to be actual stormtroopers
Or not, considering bone armor and everything.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 07:34:47 pm »

They won't reach high marksdwarf level due to the fact that they will be slaughtered cause of bad armor.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 07:35:19 pm »

Bonus Points: Make a Victory Star Destroyer above your base on a dock.

Multiplier: Make it entirely of steel.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 07:44:24 pm »

I'll even go as far as modding in Dura-Steel  (Star Wars for those who didn't know)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 07:51:50 pm »

You basically win if you mod in lightsabers and have your leader as a champion swordsman.

If possible, make "Jedi" as its weapon profession...
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 07:58:09 pm »

More like, have a dungeon master and rename him to Darth Sidious with profession " Emperor " and another guy with leather armor and a modded ligthsaber whom I'll call Darth Vader.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 08:01:01 pm »

Equip a large force of your army with a sword called "vibroblade". Mod in a white steel for your armor... basically MAKE Star Wars.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 08:02:09 pm »

Star Wars mod, anyone?

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 08:02:47 pm »

There might not be one... ... ...

MAKE IT!!!!!!!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 08:04:56 pm »

DM to hippie elf rebel leader:
"Witness the power of this FULLY OPERATIONAL magma cannon!"
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 08:08:02 pm »

So...who is going to make it?  I suck at coding and yeah...

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 08:12:11 pm »

We dont destroy cities... we just cover them in magma.

And Stas, it doesnt require coding. Just extensive changing of the raw objects.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 08:13:33 pm »

I'll see what I can do.

Pages: [1] 2 3