Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dig Deeper looks great but I can't make it work.  (Read 1030 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Dig Deeper looks great but I can't make it work.
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:29:19 pm »

I follow all the instructions: delete the contents of folders, put the DD stuff in, don't overwrite, etc., but I get messages about missing textures for this or that every time.  Has anyone else had this trouble, or am I following the instructions wrong? If someone using this mod can tell me exactly what they did to make it work, I'd be grateful.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper looks great but I can't make it work.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:32:35 pm »

I had this problem too. I think it might have been that i was playing that DF for a while then, so that may have had something to do with it.

What i did is just re-downloaded another copy of DF and put it in a separate folder, then replaced the stuff in that one with the DD stuff.
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 07:37:50 pm »

I had this problem too. I think it might have been that i was playing that DF for a while then, so that may have had something to do with it.

What i did is just re-downloaded another copy of DF and put it in a separate folder, then replaced the stuff in that one with the DD stuff.

I did think of that, but didn't try it yet. I'll give it a shot. Thanks :)
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 07:39:25 pm »

NP. hope you can get it to work. ;)
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 03:03:37 am »

Implemention of a mod should always happen on a new DF 'installation'.
I think it will work for you if you use a new download.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 11:57:09 am »

If you can't get it to work, I'll send you my mike mayday/ dig deeper combo.  Although all the megabeasts have CAN_LEARN so you might want to fix that.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 08:25:28 pm »

If you can't get it to work, I'll send you my mike mayday/ dig deeper combo.  Although all the megabeasts have CAN_LEARN so you might want to fix that.

Thanks, I appreciate that :)  Will let you know.