Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Strange stuff you've found in Legends mode?  (Read 2005 times)

Boatmurdered

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange stuff you've found in Legends mode?
« on: March 12, 2010, 02:46:45 pm »

Like the topic says, if you browse through Legends mode, share some of the oddities you've found.

For me, my first world on the Linux version of 40d19, I decided to look through the events in the Age of Myth. I see a few things related to my Civ, but then I notice that the first leader was killed and devoured by a Hydra. Curious, I decide to look at the events surrounding it. Turns out that the hydra, Thran Iniuce Thuthuthudu (Thran Strapcalls the Tufted Persuaders), had been around harrassing some of the dwarves, and livestock. This time, he not only ate several animals, he attacked a few dwarves, only being able to kill the leader, whom he proceeded to eat.

After he left, I see a bunch of messages under Thran's entry under historical figures. Turns out that the survivors decided to worship the damn thing, along side their current pantheon. Including the new King, who decides to worship Thran before being appointed as King. His daughter, the current Queen, still worships him casually.

And dont get me started on the Demon who, amongst other things, decided to crucify a 2 year old elf.
I think this is where the DF-players-are-Hitler jokes go from being just jokes to still jokes but lose some of their irony.

Still. Someone has to open up a chain of McUrist's sooner or later.

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange stuff you've found in Legends mode?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 04:15:44 pm »

And dont get me started on the Demon who, amongst other things, decided to crucify a 2 year old elf.

I consider that event a testament to toadies amazing skill at procedurally generating interesting histories.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 06:30:45 pm »

A dwarf attacked a human settlement and ate most of the defenders, scuffled with the remaining children while repeatedly retreating and eventually ate them too, then became King and enslaved a bunch of Humans which would later come with the traders.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 06:32:10 pm »

A dwarf attacked a human settlement and ate most of the defenders, scuffled with the remaining children while repeatedly retreating and eventually ate them too, then became King and enslaved a bunch of Humans which would later come with the traders.

Modded or adventure mode dwarf?

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 11:46:38 pm »

In my pokemon mod, I had an articuno with nearly 100 kills that also led a goblin army into battle against the dwarves once. It was beautiful.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 11:52:55 pm »

I have a legendary wagon
Thank you based dwarf.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 01:40:20 am »

I have a legendary wagon
Pics or it didn't happen.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 03:37:18 am »

I once genned a world with only 4 surviving dwarves (of one civ): a queen, a mayor, a diplomat, and a liaison. They were all related, and I think the liason was the mayor's mother and also the diplomat's sister.  The 120-some-year old virgin-queen had personally killed 103 elves and one human! I went to talk to her in Adventure mode and found her punching the shit out of deer and antmen with a +raccoon bone crown+. Bad ass.

It was actually sort of sad to talk to these old ladies whose family had all been eaten by elves or abducted by goblins. It was like the Grey Gardens of Middle Earth. 

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 06:03:59 am »

Alright, it is listed as a historical figure and it appears to lack a name

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thank you based dwarf.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 07:55:11 am »

Ahahahahaha
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 10:20:32 am »

I bet you it killed something. The only time I've heard of something like this is when a wagon has killed something (which is very rare, of course, but possible.)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 10:23:36 am »

It can also show up when a wagon has been destroyed. I think your embark wagon will show up as well.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 11:12:47 am »

It can also show up when a wagon has been destroyed. I think your embark wagon will show up as well.
I thought the embark wagons were different from the actual wagons? Because the embark wagon is a building, while the merchant wagons are creatures.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 11:23:18 am »

Wagons are wierd in that way since they can be both a creature and a building. I've had engravings depicting the scuttling of the wagon at the year of embark, so, yea....

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 03:20:47 pm »

reposted from an old thread:
Spoiler: a bad-ass gnome (click to show/hide)
tl, dr: size 3 gnome whose parents were killed and devoured by a demon kills 310 werewolves and humans before her civ is conquered while she is away.  Joins human civ, colonizes conquered werewolf capital with them but is taken prisoner by werewolves when they retake it, is held prisoner for 80 years, then escapes and spends remaining years snatching ogre babies from a neighboring civilization
Pages: [1] 2