Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm gunna have a lot of fun with this site...  (Read 1474 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'm gunna have a lot of fun with this site...
« on: March 12, 2010, 09:54:37 am »

I just got a site with everything expect an aquifer and bottomless pit. The evil and savagery is pretty low I think... The forts name is 'Confinedclasps'
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm gunna have a lot of fun with this site...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:00:47 am »

Interesting. I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy the seed, at least until the next version drops.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:04:56 am »

Define everything. Magma pool/pipe? Sand? Wood? Chasm? Undergound lake/river? River/brook? Iron? Flux? Fuel? Clowns? How large is the embark area?

I'm getting bored of Dwarf Heaven's tame surroundings.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 10:30:59 am »

tame?!?! dude this happened by me. AND ITS THE EARLY YEARS i however forgot to take pictures of the older massacres.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 11:54:31 am »

Yeah, I have a site with magma pipe, underground river (elevated far above the shrublands), bottomless pit, chasm, HFS, layers of sand, chalk, marble, and gabbro in a mirthful biome (unicorns), plus a volcanic mountain range whose bottom 18 layers are all granite. 

That's basically everything but a brook, aquifer, joyous ocean (i want one in my next embark, frolicing finned money sacs et al.), and terrifying forest or mountain.

It also has an elf queen of my civ, a massive elf empire, and a goblin civ with more elves and humans than goblins.

... Pretty much the response was "we already have Dwarf Heaven"...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 07:25:22 pm »

Post it.
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 12:13:58 pm »

Please do post it. I mean, Dwarf Heaven is nice and all, But how about we build a collection of dwarf heaven's. Cause playin' the same one over and over can get a bit borin'.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 03:13:59 pm »

I have a fun Dwarf Heaven with a rocky plateau and very little forest/loam, but it has both magma features, I think both underground water, HFS, bottomless, and skeletal stuff in it all. Everything is hidden. I should figure out how to export since I have already used the place.

----add-----
and bauxite. Can't forget about that.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:18:11 pm by BigD145 »

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 03:43:43 pm »

STOP TEASING ME OH GOD I'M TIRED OF GROUNDHOGS

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 03:47:15 pm »

I'm partial to Gearholes' site, myself.  It's not exactly overloaded with features, but it's one of the few sites I've found that has a healthy supply of everything a sane Dwarf could want: magma, water, sand, flux, lignite/bituminous coal, magnetite, platinum, gold, and trees.  Sure, it lacks the Fun of a chasm, bottomless pit, HFS, or underground water feature, but it makes up for it in potential for absolutely obscene levels of wealth to draw in marauders from all corners of the world.  And that's worth plenty more than death by clowns in my book!

EDIT: To wit: a third siege (the second in the same year) just happened there, of about 50 Gobbos.  27 of whom were summarily captured and will entertain my Dwarves in Gobbo-vs-Titan combat some day soon.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 05:21:44 pm by SkyRender »
Sanity is for the weak.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 04:03:32 pm »

Say, what do you think about all of us getting together and making a "Dwarf Heavens: Post them Here." topic? Some of the best seeds, and etc. ever would maybe be collected.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 07:17:42 pm »

Woah, I might might might have and aquifer and bottomless pit, that are hidden or something. Water is appearing in one tunnel, but its not flooding out like I've seen other aquifers do.

Edit: Okay, yep, its either an aquifer, or my UG river is leaking out... Does Aquifer in stone come out slower than in soil?

Edit: Holee shit, water is randomly appearing in tunnels where water has not appeared before...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:24:12 pm by Repulsion »

DarkDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 09:41:01 pm »

For those that want something "similar" to dwarf heaven, I have a rather fun map posted over here that's on a pretty small embark site to boot:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=36246.msg1053830#msg1053830

Sadly it is missing sand, but it has a ton of Z-levels and features besides, and it's a savage, FREEZING biome.

Still haven't quite gotten a chance to embark there myself yet, still playing my old fort.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 10:14:25 pm »

Post it.

It's in this thread.

But... umm... It does have groundhogs appear in between unicorns and mountain goats for me.  Occasionally, I get a Cougar.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 02:40:32 pm »

Nice. Cheers, guys. Although I'll probably go with a 3x3 or smaller area to avoid fps issues for my next fort.