Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72

Author Topic: This game needs a tag line  (Read 328524 times)

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: This game needs a tag line
« Reply #945 on: September 01, 2012, 10:39:14 am »

Dwarf Fortress ; menaces with spikes of kitten leather .

Dwarf Fortress ; where falling feathers can kill you .

Dwarf Fortress ; your worst enemy - the sponge .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #946 on: September 01, 2012, 11:21:33 am »

Dwarf Fortress: Elf, Kobold, Human...they all burn pretty much the same in magma.
Seconded!
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 01, 2012, 04:59:50 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: If it bleeds, it can be killed. Unless it can't be. Then it will be slowly and horribly tortured instead.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 01, 2012, 05:40:52 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: If it bleeds, it can be killed. Unless it can't be. Then it will be slowly and horribly tortured instead.

wouldn't it be;
Dwarf Fortress: If it bleed, it can be killed. If it don't, cave in on it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 01, 2012, 11:47:48 pm »

wouldn't it be;
Dwarf Fortress: If it bleed, it can be killed. If it don't, cave in on it.

Nah, it would be:

Dwarf Fortress: If it bleeds, we can kill it. If it can't die, we know how to make obsidian.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #950 on: September 02, 2012, 10:05:38 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: If it wasn't text based it would break the "M" rating.

Dwarf Fortress: 256 symbols. 1,000,000 ways to die.

Dwarf Fortress: Have you ever wanted to build a 14th Century version of the lab from The Andromeda Strain complete with face melting toxins? Now you can!

Dwarf Fortress: Caution May Contain Elves.

Dwarf Fortress: Player cancels life, must dig deeper.

Dwarf Fortress: This Game Menaces With Spikes of Awesome.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 02, 2012, 10:33:35 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: 256 symbols. 1,000,000 infinate ways to die.
I second this one.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 02, 2012, 11:23:58 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: Fuck winning, we've got fun.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 03, 2012, 01:00:11 am »

For bay12, but also DF:

It is the 2nd Millennium. For more than a decade The Toad has sat immobile on the Golden Office Chair of Washington State. He is the Master of Bay 12 by the will of the internet, and master of a million bytes by the might of his inexhaustible coding. He is a restless mathematician writhing invisibly with power from the Modern Age of Technology. He is the Amphibian Lord of the Twelfth Bay for whom a thousand suggestions are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly sleep.

Yet even in his sleepless state, the Toad continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty threads cross the bot-infested remnants of Various Nonsense, the only route between the distant boards, their way lit by the Forum Guidelines, the digital manifestation of the Toad's will. Vast usergroups give discussion in his name on uncounted sites. Greatest amongst his users are the Lower Forumites, the Bay Watchers, socially abnormal angry debators. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Upper Forumites and countless Escaped Lunatics, the ever vigilant ThreeToe and the mafia aficionados of the Forum Gamers to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to completely ignore the nonexistant threat from trolls, heretics, spammers - and worse.

To be a Bay Watcher in such times is to be one amongst untold hundreds. It is to post in the cruelest and most hilarious network imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of scripted events and 3D graphics, for so much has been discarded, never to be retried. Forget the promise of cell shading and multiplayer, for in the moderate dimness of the here and now there is only Dwarf Fortress. There is no peace amongst the Bay, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting Watchers."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 03, 2012, 02:20:19 am »

dwarf fortress: 42? wrong, the answer is magma

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 03, 2012, 05:08:01 am »

dwarf fortress : kitten meat biscuits ?
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 03, 2012, 03:07:04 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: The answer is 42. The question is "Into how many parts can a goblin be processed?"
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 03, 2012, 05:07:53 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: The answer is 42. The question is "Into how many parts can a goblin be processed?"

That seems a little on the low end. I'm almost certain the weapon traps out front managed an even 50.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.
« Reply #958 on: September 04, 2012, 08:58:22 am »

Don't know if it's been said before but,

Dwarf Fortress: FINISH HIM!
Hastur ! Hastur ! Hastur !
There, no effect
YOU FOOL! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL!
Got Bitten by a werebeast, problem solved.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 04, 2012, 09:33:49 am »

DF: Its raining outside and now my eyes are bleeding.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72