Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Import a dwarf and teaching.  (Read 435 times)

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Import a dwarf and teaching.
« on: November 25, 2007, 03:16:00 am »

For example you have a Legendary Crossbowdwarf and you abandon a the fortress that he was in and he is still alive, and if you start a new fort you could have an option that allows you to kick out one of the members of your starting team and put the dwarf that you want in his place. The teaching part is when you have a dabbling for example fisherman, and you have a legendary fisherman, the legendary one might teach the dabbling one the ropes of lets say fishing.

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Import a dwarf and teaching.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 03:44:00 am »

For that matter, it would be nice to be able to aquire previous adventurers in fortress mode, or at least have them visit. For balance reasons you probably should't be able to start with them or give them orders, but rather come based on some relation between their skills and the quality of your meadhalls, and hang around to kill legendary beasts as long as you provide them with proper room and payment. (They could be considered nobles and make demands and mandates; instead of having the hammerer sent if they are unfulfilled, they may decide to leave.)

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 04:16:00 am »

[ November 25, 2007: Message edited by: Bien ]

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 04:23:00 am »

I like this idea! but these special dwarves should cost more in points than normal dwarves.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 08:47:00 am »

I agree with Rooster even though it's my suggestion.