Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Legendary Liason  (Read 2518 times)

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendary Liason
« on: March 11, 2010, 05:23:36 pm »

I just got my first autum caravan from the mountainhomes in my new fort.
Und just now I noticed that my broker/expedition leader is being followed by a legendary outpost liason.  ???
I cant see the stats ingame, only the atributes. He's ultra-mighty, perfectly agile and superdwafenly though.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Liason
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 05:25:52 pm »

It's common for super powerful liasons to come. It's so they aren't easily killed by wildlife, I guess.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 05:29:09 pm »

If you have Dwarf Therapist, you can see what skills the Liason has. They usually have a whole plethora of various skills. They might not be legendary in a skill, but they can still get legendary stats that way.

It is still possible to have a liason who is legendary in something. I've had a few liasons who had very high skill in something.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 05:31:36 pm »

Since the liaison is typically picked from an actual individual from that civ's history, chances are that they've lived through their fair share of worldgen battles and/or monster raids.

Check out the legends screen, and look for his name.  He may be some renowned hydra-slayer for all we know.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:37:13 pm »

Since the liaison is typically picked from an actual individual from that civ's history, chances are that they've lived through their fair share of worldgen battles and/or monster raids.

Check out the legends screen, and look for his name.  He may be some renowned hydra-slayer for all we know.

Not always, they can be young dwarves who haven't accomplished much yet. I've seen and had liasons who were less than a century old.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 05:41:57 pm »

Right, but how many ultra-high stats did he have?  To my knowledge, Liaisons aren't given arbitrarily high stats just to avoid getting killed on your map.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 05:45:17 pm »

Right, but how many ultra-high stats did he have?  To my knowledge, Liaisons aren't given arbitrarily high stats just to avoid getting killed on your map.

Whose Liason are you referring to?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 05:48:20 pm »

Uhh...  This thread was started because Spectre noticed an outpost liaison who came onto his map with remarkably high stats.  I thought we were trying to figure out why he had those stats.

Did I miss something?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 05:51:10 pm »

Uhh...  This thread was started because Spectre noticed an outpost liaison who came onto his map with remarkably high stats.  I thought we were trying to figure out why he had those stats.

Did I miss something?

I had also started talking about liasons, so I didn't know whether you were referring to m or the OP.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 05:55:18 pm »

Oh, right.

Well, I had just mentioned the thing about liaisons being picked from historic figures, which you countered by pointing out the various liaisons you had met who were less than a century old.

But the point for my bringing up the worldgen legends was that a veteran of the civ would probably have been through his fair share of scuffles and would get the stat boosts from being such a badass.  A younger liaison most likely wouldn't have the experience, and thus the stats, of someone that had been fighting half his life.

So yeah, I was referring to your liaison.

I think.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 06:02:35 pm »

In my current game, I actually have an Elven liason, heh. And a hyper-fast liason at that.

Anyways, I've noticed that younger liasons are in general not as skilled and don't have much of an attribute boost. There are exceptions though as a former soldier could easily have quite a stat boost even if they are young.

I don't think I've had a liason who was less than 50. I've seen young liasons in legends before, but I don't remember what the youngest was.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 06:55:18 pm »

I once found a civ where the liaison would have had over 300 or so kills, but the civ died out in world gen so I never actually got to see him.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 07:33:15 pm »

It's common for super powerful liasons to come. It's so they aren't easily killed by wildlife, I guess.

Didn't help for him in my most recent game. He got swooped by a pair of harpies and got torn to pieces. I hope it isn't considered to be my fault that happened.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 08:10:43 pm »

Didn't help for him in my most recent game. He got swooped by a pair of harpies and got torn to pieces. I hope it isn't considered to be my fault that happened.

It is. Is it the dwarven one? Cause if it's the elve's, or human's, they'll go to war with you.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 08:31:41 pm »

It is. Is it the dwarven one? Cause if it's the elve's, or human's, they'll go to war with you.

yeah, it was the Dwarven one.  He got jumped by them while he was on his way back.
Pages: [1] 2