Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: What's the first thing you'll do in the new version of Dwarf Fortress?  (Read 8721 times)

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's the first thing you'll do in the new version of Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2010, 09:06:24 pm »

Probably go fuck all crazy and dance a bit, then go out buy some 4 liters of beer, dl the game and fail horribly but most importantly have fun :D

I don't know if this has been posted, but you can only really do the last two things in the next version of DF.
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2010, 09:48:59 pm »

Probably go fuck all crazy and dance a bit, then go out buy some 4 liters of beer, dl the game and fail horribly but most importantly have fun :D
you can only really do the last two things in the next version of DF.
No, you can do all of them. just have a crazy dwarf Attend Party in the middle of the booze stockpile by falling down into the stockpile while on fire and laughing!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowfury333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2010, 09:56:08 pm »

The first thing I'll do. Make a fortress near the sea, then find a hole in the aquifer to the magma. Pump it to a reasonable level, use it to build a Great Green Glass Skyfortress*. Afterwards, pump the magma to an unreasonable level, and put it through a grid of glass tunnels. Each point in the grid will have a door, controlled by a lever, to dump magma to that area.

Instant Defense, just add magma.

Now all I need is some bauxite.

*Attempting this without magma is prohibitively expensive in wood
Currently Building: Purplesaber (pit mine/anthill/80 z-level wound in the earth)

Former Projects: Roughnesschants(multi-level aboveground city)

Best summary of Dwarf Fortress:
I'm fairly certain every path in the game leads to some sort of massive execution.

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2010, 10:03:28 pm »

you can only really do the last two things in the next version of DF.
No, you can do all of them. just have a crazy dwarf Attend Party in the middle of the booze stockpile by falling down into the stockpile while on fire and laughing!
The player can't DL Dwarf Fortress in DF 2010...or any version for that matter. I was making a general statement. Everybody seems to think it's funny to essentially repost things others have said
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

spikesp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2010, 10:11:50 pm »

a toxic Poison wastedump

hope is possable to infect small to a bit larger pools of water with  :-\

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2010, 10:17:36 pm »

The player can't DL Dwarf Fortress in DF 2010...or any version for that matter.
do you take everything so literally? :( if i only had a hole in the roof of a car, anything I wanted to load would have to either be in the passenger seat or loaded downwards (downloaded) into it. This is the same thing, just a lot less controlled (falling down instead of lowered down) and a lot more explosive.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]