Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: please help me with aquifers  (Read 870 times)

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
please help me with aquifers
« on: March 10, 2010, 10:23:30 pm »

I want more of them. I want them everywhere, on every possible embark location. How should I change the world parameters?
I apologize for not searching  the forums for similar questions, but it seemed to me that no one ever asked this anyway.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: please help me with aquifers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:01:01 pm »

Hmm... That is an unusual question; most people ask the opposite (how to get rid of all aquifers). But, I would guess that the best way to increase the number of aquifers would be to do the opposide of the method to remove all aquifers: add the [AQUIFER] tag to every stone, soil, ore, and gem. The easiest way to do this would probably be to use the replace feature to turn every instance of [AQUIFER] into AQUIFER (or remove it altogether), then replace all instances of [TILE with [AQUIFER][TILE

Now, I suspect that this won't actually ensure aquifers will be everywhere, but it will make it so that aquifers can be everywhere, which is at least a step in the right direction. For the rest, you'll have to play with worldgen parameters; increase minimum rainfall, decrease maximum elevation, make more river start points, and just generally up everything dealing with water. I'm no expert on worldgen parameters, so I'm not sure exactly what you're going to need to change, but those should be part of it at least.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

SeveQ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: please help me with aquifers
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:33:45 pm »

Hmm... That is an unusual question; most people ask the opposite (how to get rid of all aquifers).

A new form of masochism. There is a fetish for everything. :)