Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What was your least necessary\stupidest megaproject ever?  (Read 3084 times)

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What was your least necessary\stupidest megaproject ever?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 05:38:54 pm »

I'm building a walkway.  The floor is made of solid gold, the walls of gem windows, each window being only one type of gem (although there are several windows of the same types.)  The ceiling will be platinum, probably, when I get that far.

As of now it will serve no useful purpose, but I'm considering chanelling the ground beneath it into a mock chasm when I'm done.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2010, 06:53:22 pm »

I'm getting bored at my current site... so... MEGAPROJECT TIME!

Gunna build a massive lighthouse that will house my entire fort and give living accomodations. And I'll put a gem at the top as a symbol of light... or maybe just an exploit roast since that's more valuable than a gem that emits the rays of heaven.

And then build an insanely elaborate trap system to defend it. probably involving levers that drop entire armies into gladiator arenas... actually I've never done an arena before... any tips?

EliDupree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Eli Dupree's Web Page
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2010, 07:14:46 pm »

Gunna build a massive lighthouse that will house my entire fort and give living accomodations. And I'll put a gem at the top as a symbol of light... or maybe just an exploit roast since that's more valuable than a gem that emits the rays of heaven.
No, put an actual fire up there. And come up with a mechanism for the dwarves to automatically feed it so that it never goes out.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 07:37:28 pm »

maybe I could feed the fire with dwarves...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2010, 12:21:43 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:42:55 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

EliDupree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Eli Dupree's Web Page
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2010, 10:53:50 am »

Doesn't it burn out after a long time?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2010, 11:35:09 am »

I know if you throw a fuel item into magma it will burn for a very long time, then go out. I've never experimented with fuel in an iron bin though.

I saw on the wiki there was a video about a coke bin burning away ocean levels... but the video was bad. I'm considering redoing it while I'm here.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 05:16:50 pm »

I committed myself to making an epic dining room. Simply put.

Of course, compared to everyone else's, it's not so epic, but it is a good centerpiece for the fort that I visit once in awhile. Therefore least necessary. I just wanted a nice dining room for once. Mostly get something of better quality for a fort for once. This was, of course, while I was still relatively new to the game.

I might improve on the fort itself eventually to be more menacing. Maybe add spikes to it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]