Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] (modded) Plants without use can not be assigned to stockpiles  (Read 835 times)

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This one is a little weird and won't show up unless you are doing something odd.

Ok so I made a plant that has no plant use (ie not food, not brewed, not cooked, not milled, not extracted, no seeds) but does have a reaction (dead wood so it can be gathered and turned into logs in the smelter) and I can not set it in the stockpile commands (q > s). This means that it will be put into any food stockpile (and put in barrels if they are available) but you can not exclude it from a stockpile, this is important if you wish to use it in a reaction (the smelter can not see it if it is in a barrel).

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] (modded) Plants without use can not be assigned to stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:07:39 pm »

Since its a modding problem, you probably should ask in the modding forum.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 01:19:13 pm »

Since its a modding problem, you probably should ask in the modding forum.

It isn't a modding problem, it is a bug that is only revealed via modding. I have modded in over 20 other plants into this mod, including ones that are used in smelter reactions (they however either have seeds, and/or are food, and/or are drinks, and/or are extractable) and every single one of them is in the stockpile list. So as I know what I'm doing with making plants and the only plants I'm having trouble with still work correctly in the game for everything else and the only problem they have is not showing up in the stockpile list, chances are it isn't my plants.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 01:21:03 pm »

Oh, my bad then. I didn't really get what you were trying to say and thought it was some modding issue.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:01:22 pm »

Huh, this is interesting, and I can see why it's never come up before. If this were the modding forum, you'd be out of luck, because I can't think of a fix, other than workarounds such as 'give it a useless extract such as sawdust' or 'set all of your food stockpiles to 0 barrels'.

Actually, having stockpiles which doesn't accept any plant should work, but you'd need one per existing food stockpile, each one set to 'take' from a different stockpile. The same way that you can stockpile adamantine thread even though you can't see it in the settings.

Since it's not the modding forum, you're probably in luck, as this is probably an interface bug. However, with the material and raws changes in the next version, I'm not sure if it'll still come up.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:09:22 pm »

Actually I'm not even sure it is a bug anymore (unless I go back and do some testing). I had a duplication error in a different file which caused all kinds of havoc. I fixed that and changed those plants to have a value of 1 and I could assign those plants, I'm not sure which was the problem.