Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: weirdest engravings?  (Read 4948 times)

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: weirdest engravings?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 03:24:10 pm »

"This is an engraving of the mayor* and two humans.  The mayor is embracing the humans."

Alright, it's fairly reasonable seeing as how he did have an affinity for humans, but about every tenth engraving or sewn image in that fort was about the late mayor and two (almost always two, for some reason) humans; in the main hall, on coats, even in his tomb.  I like to imagine they engraved these images in mockery.

*I don't remember his name, and can't look it up at the moment.

atomicthumbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 05:22:44 pm »

There's an image of a dwarf and dwarves. The dwarf is my old mayor, and he's being rejected by the dwarves. The mayor is weeping.

I've also got several images in dwarves' bedrooms of children that have gone berserk after failed moods being torn apart by wardogs and/or smashed by hammerdwarves.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 05:35:18 pm »

There's an image of a dwarf and dwarves. The dwarf is my old mayor, and he's being rejected by the dwarves. The mayor is weeping.

Never seen that one before.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 05:50:01 pm »

smjjames: they're quite common, especially if engravers are friends/family of the mayor.

Or appoint a dwarf as a Bookeeper and then take his title away - few times - and you will get many of these.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 05:51:20 pm »

smjjames: they're quite common, especially if engravers are friends/family of the mayor.

Or appoint a dwarf as a Bookeeper and then take his title away - few times - and you will get many of these.

I guess I just didn't get many of them, or didn't look hard enough.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 07:36:52 pm »

This is a carving of Urist Mc Random. Urist McRandom is travelling. This refers to Urist McRandom leaving Some Place in 202.

I've had this one of dwarves leaving my fort, and I never knew they just left. 

I also have the one of the dwarf embracing two hydras.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 07:39:07 pm »

This is a carving of Urist Mc Random. Urist McRandom is travelling. This refers to Urist McRandom leaving Some Place in 202.

Are you sure its your fort?

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 03:46:34 pm »

Are you sure its your fort?

Pretty sure, unless there was another fort with my fort's exact name at the same time!

I recently had this engraving:

the Putrid Mystery

This is an exceptional engraving of two dwarves.  The dwarves are fleeing.

That's all it says. Given the title, I think unseen dwarf just farted big time, and the mystery is neither of the two fleeing knew who did it.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 04:03:47 pm »

i had an engraving of my bookeeper/arsenal dwarf/ broker(its easier that way) hugging two reptile men

looking at his stats he likes reptile men
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 04:18:17 pm »

On my old mayor's floor, there was an engraving of a dwarf, Thikut Twigfurnace, settling in the fortress.  Not too strange, seeing as they were friends.  However, if one were to look slightly to the north, right under the mayor's bed, they would see an engraving of Thikut Twigfurnace dying of dehydration. 
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 07:28:09 pm »

A long time ago I had an engraving of a dwarf embracing a pixie.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 10:58:03 pm »

A long time ago I had an engraving of a dwarf embracing a pixie.

"The mistake of force"
This is a finely designed engraving of the dwarf Urist McTreehugger and a pixie by Urist McEngraver. The pixie is dead, the dwarf is weeping.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2010, 06:57:40 pm »

I've been gettings lots of humans and elves taming beasts.  One of the more famous jaguar-tamers, Kammat Orbdates, even managed to get his image engraved on an artifact figurine of one of our old kings.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2010, 07:34:25 pm »

yeah, theres 3 or 4 human engravings in my fort thats a recurring theme.. one of a human, ishes houndappears, his real name ive seen the damn engraving so many times, taming eagles, then another, ak sundweller, who also tamed giant eagles, ramac rushapple, who went on his second journey, and zotho lathereddented...

they are EVERYWHERE
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 04:29:33 am »

Yeah, I've noticed in every worldgen, there are, like, 3 or 4 humans that my dwarves love to carve about ad nauseam.  The names are usually stunningly awful.

Particularly...  suggestive was one set I'd always see: Asa Blownamuse and Pena Wrungsloppy.  I mean, I know those names aren't really suggestive in themselves or anything, but taken as a set...  hmm...

But yeah, it's kinda getting old.  No carving of prominent elves, but constant interjections of carvings of human this or that who tamed this or that.  I wish it would be shoved way down in frequency.  As it stands, I saw it enough, and it is weird enough, that even my wife now knows the immortal names: Asa Blownamuse and Pena Wrungsloppy.  Together again.
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5