Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What level of fantasy elements should the game include?

None at all. Just humans doing human stuff.
Some fantastical creatures, but just humans.
Fantastical creatures, wizards, the whole nine yards.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: TRIBES 2 - A Whole New World - YEAR EIGHT RESULTS UP  (Read 11670 times)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TRIBES 2 - A Whole New World - YEAR ONE RESULTS UP
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2010, 08:55:03 pm »

Hesperida

Goals:
Hunt and Farm
Create a Mule-Drawn Plow
Search for herbs and other materials

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2010, 09:20:36 pm »

Hot dang, a high-latitude jungle! This'll make for an odd winter!

Goals...
1)Clear more woodland for more farmland
2)Hunt/Plant fer food!
3)Build storage hut. The rest of the wood will be used as a palisade around the village.
4)As this is a jungle, I suppose we should look into creating reed and vine mats/baskets.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:11:42 am by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2010, 11:07:34 pm »

The elders see before them a rough year and make spiritual offerings to the gods, praying that things will not go poorly for their people.

1:
Continue fishing, by collecting oysters and molluscks from near the coast and having the fishermen try their luck with spears in the river, where they are less likely to lose them. Attempts are also made, with regards to fishing, to collect food that the fish themselves might eat. Clearly the food source was stable enough to last through last year, so it should last through this year as well, the elders figure. The elders try to inspire more brave acts of fishery by telling tales of awesome undersea creatures that would make worthy trophies, in the hopes that this will encourage the fishermen to do better, but also knowing the risks that such encouragement might have.

2:
The spicy root is venerated as a boon from a higher power. While it would be simple to try to keep foraging for it, it'd be better, the elders think, if they had a steady supply of it. Attempts are made by the tribes to grow the root in its natural habitat and clearing out all other competing plants and animals in the area continuously. With skill and luck, the root should be able to spread and effectively grow in the chosen spots. If all else fails, the tribe will just have to keep foraging for it.

3:
The trees are obviously suffering from an illness that we, as shepherds of the land, can cure! It also happens to be an excellent source of food and possibly other things. The tribes shall start collecting bugs from the oldest trees, knocking the ancient trees down and then stripping the bark to capture all manners of bugs, whether edible or useful in some other way.

4:
Start with smaller, yet sturdy trees. While these will not make as great boats, once we've got boat-making down to an art, the tribes can start to try something more ambitious afterwards. Since the older trees tend to be dead, it's obviously the younger trees that must be exploited. Trees that are easier to hollow out without tools are preferable, yet they need to be buoyant.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2010, 11:24:40 pm »

Year 2 Na'ilah Goals

The Desert sun is harsh, but the huts help to rest and tell stories during the hottest parts of the day, and coldest aspects of desert night.

The camel issue has yet to be resolved, we must claim our position as masters of the animals, or we will be nothing more than food for the desert wastes.

1. domesticate an animal, any animal. We need a stable food source.
2. Build animal areas with clay, stable/barn/breeding hive, whatever.

The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2010, 05:06:49 am »

Goals year 2 Xio'vi

-fish soem food supplies
-Appoint someone that has a lot of knowledge about plants as the shaman
-Improve buildings with leaves and sticks for intergrity and stealth
-Find something ropelike and make Nets out of it

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2010, 10:21:53 am »

This looks awesome, can i be put on the waiting list aswell?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2010, 11:42:02 am »

Will do Jopax.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2010, 01:29:32 pm »

Frihkann, Year 2

It was a generally good year. While failing to see our promise of filling the shores until there is no more north or south, we do see some treasure fit for our King. We need more of these clams which yields this shiny stone to decorate our king's chamber. As a benevolent god, the King declared that the discoverer should be now a high priest (read: chancellor) for the people. He shall, after consultation with the King, put up logs underwater and try to increase the supply of those clams. The older ones shall, using their understanding of beauty and else, perfect the processing of that stone as an art form.

One third of our working population will continue to fish, while one third is dedicated to farming. We are having our regular wrestling here, but we should try to understand the working of the platforms needed to support them, and turn that into a platform that can support fishing. If needed, the rest of the population shall be dedicated to this job, as well as to find enough lumber for this. Excess shall be stored for the moment.

OOC: please take note that how the word Frihkann is spelt (the h is silent and denotes a long vowel in the language), and that as a theocratic tribe our king is considered as the god.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2010, 05:22:25 pm »

Real quick - thoughts on adults becoming elders. I think that adults will become elders at the rate of 1 per 50. (i.e. 100 men and 100 women will result in 2 men and 2 women becoming elders per year). Similarly, elders will die at a rate of 1 per 50 (40 elders means one will die, 60 means 2, and so on). I'm open to thoughts on this... probably won't include it this turn, but will most likely shoot for turn/year 3.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2010, 05:57:48 am »

Shameless bump. Hope that 100killer9 will post his turn before the weekly deadline :)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2010, 06:06:42 am »

I want turn. :C
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2010, 11:53:01 am »

I'm currently doing writeups of year two results. There was one awful year (several ones and twos rolled) and one excellent year (3 of 4 rolls were sixes). With bonuses, someone ended up with an 8 on a goal, so much joy will come to that tribe(!). Once I get 100Killer9's goals (hopefully before Friday), I'll post the results shortly.

As I mentioned, children are becoming adults starting at this turn, and starting next turn, adults will become elders and elders will begin dying on their own. One final request for next turn's goals - put your tribe name at the top of the post, it saves me time.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2010, 08:35:50 pm »

This 1-turn per week thing seems to work WAY better than the 'one turn is whenever everyone posts' idea.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2010, 08:46:15 pm »

I'm sorry. Power outage.
Anyway...
1. Attempt to create something that could cut down a tree.
2. Gather wood
3. Make a storage area with a basement to preserve food
4. Gather food
5. Raise and breed horses
6. Sacrifice berry seeds by burying them in the ground.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12