Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Girl Problems...  (Read 7838 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Girl Problems...
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 05:40:49 pm »

Contrarily, he isn't fucked, and that is his problem.

[...]

But seriously, relationships are fail. You don't want them. Youth is the time for manwhorishness. Wear a condom.

Are young men seriously this bad?  Seriously?  I am deeply saddened.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 08:12:29 pm »

Contrarily, he isn't fucked, and that is his problem.

[...]

But seriously, relationships are fail. You don't want them. Youth is the time for manwhorishness. Wear a condom.

From what I've heard about my GF's exes.

They are worse.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 11:13:13 pm »

Don't misjudge me. I'm all for loving, supporting relationships. But at a young age, this really shouldn't be what people focus on. I speak a lot from my own personal experience and view of this, it is true. I'm traditionally the giver in relationships, providing a lot of emotional support and being a great boyfriend who supports his girlfriend's needs and dreams, etc. etc., but it doesn't actually have much benefit for you after the relationship fizzles on the woman's account.

I've been in Rilder's position, where I have had to listen to my girlfriends (I use plural, but they were never at the same time. I don't want to use this thread to weigh in on things like swinging, so I won't voice any opinion on it at all. I mean girlfriends in the context of actually being in a committed relationship) complain about their ex-boyfriends all the time. In fact, I've never had a girlfriend who didn't. Sometimes, I think it was a bit of a shock to them when I took them on real dates at fancy restaurants, and plays, and that sort of thing.

By being a good, supportive boyfriend, however, you get a chance to look at a relationship beyond common stereotypes and prejudices of men being sex-hungry mainiacs and women being chaste, reasonable souls. Again, this is just my own personal experience, but women always seem to have larger libidos than I do. I am of the opinion that it is only our socially constructed norms that make us think that women want sex any less than men do. These same social constructions (again, in my opinion, and feel free to add this addendum to any future statement I make in this thread) are what makes it more acceptable for men to openly state their desires.

So when I say that youth is the time for manwhorishness, I'm saying, in a tongue-in-cheek way, that getting worked up over being in love with somebody isn't worth it. In fact, young men between the ages of 18-22 (a figure I'm pulling from memory, but roughly around there) are going through their sexual prime, and it's probably psychologically important for them to be actively seeking sexual relations rather than trying to start up families and romantic futures for themselves, cultural and religious factors notwithstanding.

People on online forums give a lot of advice like "It's just lust, ignore it" (which would apply to this thread, except the OP is asking more about what he can do to salvage his friendship with the girl, and holding out that there's a way to still date her), but I would go the other way and say "Yes, it's lust, so act on it". It's offensive to women to assume that trying to date them for physical reasons is always against their interests. Women have lustful feelings too, and deserve the opportunity to act on them. So long as everything you do is safe and consensual, and both parties know where you stand in the relationship, it is still perfectly healthy. In my view, he would be better off focusing his attentions on another girl, since he's grown too emotionally attached to this one (and she to him), and it is only stressful in the long run.

Jude: He didn't directly break up his friend's relationship. At least not on purpose. Rereading the OP implies that somebody else went and told his friend, causing the break up. High school drama at its best. I would agree that if he had gone and directly broken them up, that would be a dick thing to do, and definitely lynch-worthy.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 12:17:20 am »

I've been in Rilder's position, where I have had to listen to my girlfriendscomplain about their ex-boyfriends all the time.

Errm I didn't say my GF complains about her exes, I was saying that my GF's exes were utter fucking morons and half of them deserve to rot in prison or be shot via firing squad. (At least one of them that is)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:24:27 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 12:47:52 am »

I, too, got this perception of my girlfriends' exes. One of the things that stings about a break up is wondering what they will tell people about you.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 01:21:47 am »

I, too, got this perception of my girlfriends' exes. One of the things that stings about a break up is wondering what they will tell people about you.

She's had bad exes, seriously.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 01:24:30 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 01:25:56 am »

try norton
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 01:27:07 am »

There is little point in posting to say you're not going to say anything.

One girlfriend I had in Grade 12 told me her ex-boyfriend was an alcoholic who forced her to slash her wrists and sent her spiraling into depression.

In truth, she cut her wrists after they broke up, and my relationship with her ended over a dispute over her ecstasy and smoking habit.

You only hear half of a story when you talk to your girlfriend.

EDIT: Stop editing your post to say a multitude of different things. This is a forum, you can take as long as you want to decide what you want to say before you hit the 'post' button.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 01:28:24 am »

try norton

Post of the year.  If this were 4chan I'd screencap that mofo.
Shoes...

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 11:03:56 am »

try norton

Oh god, I spat water all over the place, im going to sig this.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 11:34:59 am »

try norton

Post of the year.  If this were 4chan I'd screencap that mofo.

Wait, this is DWARFCHAN!
New -slightly scary- internet memes for the win!

(I mean, how many people have you seen sigged here, compared to any other forum?

Also, "Urist".)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 08:49:12 pm »

try norton

Oh god, I spat water all over the place, im going to sig this.

Damn you, I wanted to sig this.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 08:44:54 pm »

At first reading this thread made me  :'(

Then I read the norton and I was  ;D

ps. Dont take relationship advice from the internet.

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 09:07:05 pm »

ps. Dont take relationship advice from the internet.

Yes I realize this. basically now the girl has withdrawn from society. The guy I mentioned was actually using her and I know this because immediately he goes out with another girl and seems to play it off even when I attempt to apologize to him but he seems pretty douchy. I thank you all for this I attempted to use all of your suggestions, he didn't seem to think the girl would cheat on him, well i wish thats what happened. thanks all.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 09:07:46 pm »

So he got over it and that means he was using her?
Shoes...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4