Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pyramid Escape! (Not dead! Just resting)  (Read 3240 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pyramid Escape! ("Turn 1")
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 09:13:48 pm »

So, it's not explicitly stated, but I gather all (non-Recharge) Items are one use per rest? Also, I might change my boots in for a Dramatic Lantern...

As for organization, I say we choose a leader. The obvious method of determining leadership is, of course, an armwrestling contest.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:18:17 pm by kinseti »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 09:19:20 pm »

RNG, shall we be brothers in arms? I will handle the traps, and you will loot vast quantities of treasure, for now. What do you say?
My suggested setup would be 3 Magnifying Glasses. A bouncy ball, if you're willing to lose a magnifying glass, or perhaps a Car Jack, which would enable you to switch out mine and let me last longer before needing to sleep.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 12:51:22 am »

Augh, I thought I mentioned that, but yeah, all items are one charge per rest.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 01:28:46 am »

As for organization, I say we choose a leader. The obvious method of determining leadership is, of course, an armwrestling contest.

That's a silly method. If we rely on strength to get us out of here, we will probably end up eaten by a sandlion, or poisoned by an asphynx, or at the bottom of a spike trap. I say we democratically elect a leader.

I also vote for going right first. Until we know which way is out, sticking with a single direction is best... If we go right at every turn, we can't get lost, since to backtrack we simply go left at every possible turn. I suppose we can go left too, but I definitely vote against going straight.

I would be a fool to turn down an offer for an ally Cheddarius, but our skills are very similar... too similar I would say. We don't compliment each other very well at all, though if we could get Kinseti or Karl to join us it might work out.

I shall wait to select my items until we finish organizing our groups, if the GM will allow that.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 01:36:59 am »

I think we should adventure as a group, RNG. Not just you and me, you see. The others will complement our skills. The crux of the matter is this: will you agree to get certain items that will benefit you greatly, as you will be able to get immense amounts of knowledge from treasures while I do the actual work? And furthermore, will you agree to switch places later, so I can get my fair share?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 01:51:02 am »

I think we should adventure as a group, RNG. Not just you and me, you see. The others will complement our skills. The crux of the matter is this: will you agree to get certain items that will benefit you greatly, as you will be able to get immense amounts of knowledge from treasures while I do the actual work? And furthermore, will you agree to switch places later, so I can get my fair share?

Oh, certainly.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 02:44:37 am »

Cheddarius, RNG, I will come with you guys and show you the way over any obstacles we might encounter,  if I get to keep wealth-based treasures.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 09:53:40 am »

Yes, we are supposed to adventure all together. All 5 of us. This way things are more balanced, we can synchronize sleep schedules, etc.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 09:04:52 pm »

So uh, I suppose I'll march valiantly forward through the northern passageway.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 10:57:06 pm »

So uh, I suppose I'll march valiantly forward through the northern passageway.
I would respectfully disagree. I already expressed why we should go to the right or left.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 11:41:01 pm »

Are you going to go it alone north, or wait/discuss it with your companions?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 01:50:37 am »

Are you going to go it alone north, or wait/discuss it with your companions?

Eh, I suppose I'll wait and discuss, thanks for giving me the choice since I'm likely buggered on my own. But my point remains, one direction is as good as the other at this point (since your not-getting-lost point, RNG, makes little difference if we can map our progress), and we should get this show on the road.

Kinseti want smash things, and all that.

If we're going to go through the motions of democracy, I vote Ched (since voting for yourself is bad form).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Pyramid Escape! (Dead)
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 10:30:55 pm »

I'm guessing we should officially declare this dead. For closure, and whatnot.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 11:14:36 pm »

Eh? Why? I thought it was still very much alive. Just that people were taking a while to make up their minds.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 04:00:46 am »

I say we split in two groups, each containing all skills once (except for strength)

That way, each player gets the most out of his skills. It makes no sense having two equal players in a group, just so they can start bitching over who gets to try first.

Also, Owl, I declare this thread alive and kicking ;)
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3