Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Pyramid Escape! (Not dead! Just resting)  (Read 3238 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Pyramid Escape! (Not dead! Just resting)
« on: March 09, 2010, 08:25:14 pm »

Oh dear. It seems after a dreadfully small setback, you and your companions have been trapped in the cursed pyramid of certain death. It's not all bad, though, since the stuff you came down here to get is still here. Why, you might hardly notice there's no escape, being so busy with your findings!

Spoiler: Intro (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Summary/Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Explorers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:48:53 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Pyramid Escape! (Work in progress, items coming soon, honest)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 08:45:41 pm »

This might belong in Roll to Dodge, since it's based on the 1-6 roll.
I don't quite understand how items work. In your case, Gems give fame and wealth. Which, then, would be used to harvest them - strength, or agility?
10 turns for sleeping seems immense. I mean, that's basically my entire Roll to Escape adventure, or the better part of it.
Uploading is kind of easy, to be honest. Go to tinypic.com, click upload, click the file, you're done. It takes maybe a minute or 30 seconds, a mere fraction of what you'll spend writing up the turns.

Now for my adventurer:
Lord Stilton
3 Intellect
2 Strength
1 Agility
Carjack
Marbles
Marbles
Goal: Knowledge, then fame, then wealth
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:14:38 pm by Cheddarius »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 09:37:52 pm »

Deon Failwin
3 Agility
2 Intellect
1 Strength

Goal: MONEY MONEY MONEY :) Wealth.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 10:16:07 pm »

Neberhar Serket
3 Intellect
2 Agility
1 Strength
Goal: Knowledge
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

This might belong in Roll to Dodge, since it's based on the 1-6 roll.

This occurred to me, but I wasn't sure what the exact definition of a RTD was. Most of the RTD I've seen, however, have featured some sort of "6 overshoots" rule, so I figured I'd call it a regular game that happened to use a d6 a lot.

I don't quite understand how items work. In your case, Gems give fame and wealth. Which, then, would be used to harvest them - strength, or agility?

I was in a bit of a hurry, so it afterward occurred to me that I had described how treasure works HORRIBLY. Should be better now.

10 turns for sleeping seems immense. I mean, that's basically my entire Roll to Escape adventure, or the better part of it.

That's kind of the idea. I guess I should make this more clear, but the basic assumption will be that you're all together in a group. This isn't mandatory, of course, but it was never my intention that players would expend all of their bonuses, immediately sleep, and then jump up and continue dashing through the pyramid. The 10-turn rule is only if not everyone wants to sleep- otherwise, it'll just flash forward when everyone agrees on it.

If the game doesn't work out like I thought, I might add some sort of recharge mechanic or much less grievous sleeping penalty, but in theory this will keep everyone marching along until the whole group is expended.

Uploading is kind of easy, to be honest. Go to tinypic.com, click upload, click the file, you're done. It takes maybe a minute or 30 seconds, a mere fraction of what you'll spend writing up the turns.

Thanks, I'll use this if I find the need. There won't be much to see, for the most part, but if the pyramid gets too large/complex, or especially if people split up, I might need to get something visual up.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

All right, thanks!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinseti von Smasherschmitt

3 Strength
2 Agility
1 Intellect

Goal : Fame und frauen!

Items : Polish, Knife, Dramatic Lantern
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:14:02 pm by kinseti »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile

Karl Friedrich

3. Agility
2. Strength
1. Intellect

Goal: monies.

Item: Carjack, Tarnish Remover, Small Tongs
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:41:10 am by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Pyramid Escape! (Items up; more work to be done)
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 04:31:59 pm »

So... are we going to start this anytime soon?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Pyramid Escape! (Items up; more work to be done)
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 06:38:54 pm »

He needs time to work on the rules and set things up. It's only been a few days or something.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Pyramid Escape! (Ready)
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 08:04:37 pm »

Items are finished, so we should be good to go.

I suppose I'll "start" the game now, since the first decision is an easy one. After finding yourself trapped in the initial chamber, you all advance out the only exit, and find yourself in a four-way hallway. You came from down/south, which leaves your options as right/east, up/north, or left/west.

You're also free to vote on which way to move as a group, follow others, or just pick a direction regardless of where anyone else goes. This room's only real point is to figure out how you'll choose to organize yourselves.

EDIT: If you're signed up, remember to pick three items. If you're not signed up, it's not too late to jump in.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:06:10 pm by IronyOwl »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Pyramid Escape! ("Turn 1")
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 08:25:02 pm »

Do we encounter impediments and treasure as a group? For example, if there is a monster in a room, can we just have the strongest person fight it, or does it attack an individual?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 08:34:35 pm »

Generally speaking, impediments can be left to whoever chooses to engage them. In some cases impediments will "attack" and SOMEONE will have to deal with it, but by default anyone who wants to polish their nails or stuff a vase into their sack may do so while someone else wrestles a mummy or attempts to cross a chasm.

Also note that generally speaking, once someone has defeated an impediment it's no longer an issue. In the case of a mummy or sand trap, this is fairly self explanatory. In the case of a cave-in or pit, this might mean you left the ropes in place or showed everyone which handholds to grab, etc.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 08:47:54 pm »

Great. Also, someone should get that bouncy ball.

EDIT:
STRATEGY
I think we should have, in each duo, one harvester and one fighter. The fighter disarms traps or whatnot, and the harvester gets treasure. The fighter has powerful trap weapons like 3 knives for a Strength fighter (unfortunately we have only 1 Str man), while the harvester has treasure weapons. When the fighter loses some health and uses up some item uses, they switch, and thus the balance is kept. This way, we are able to get the strongest possible rolls.
If we are able to get more items, or if the situation is dire, we can have duos double-team impediments.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:14:54 pm by Cheddarius »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 09:04:07 pm »

I updated the "Impediment Success" spoiler to explain how impediment rolls work. It's very similar to treasure rolls.

In the interest of finding out what would happen, you may have multiples of an item.
Pages: [1] 2 3