Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Megabeast: Dire Carp  (Read 3091 times)

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile
Re: Megabeast: Dire Carp
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2008, 10:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Psyco Jelly:
<STRONG>I disagree with the deadlyness of the carp. My adventurers kill them by the tens. Sturgeon are a completely different story. They will rip off your head in mere seconds.

Once, I modded in hellcarp for the fun of it. They were size 10, traveled in groups of 20, were amphibious, and attacked what ever they saw. Their bites dealt HEAT damage.

It was when I tried to kill them with my adventurers that I realized the terror I had bestowed upon that world.

I also modded in hellephants.</STRONG>

You, sir, are a GENIUS

Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2008, 01:36:00 am »

There's a fine line between genius and heresy.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

btmedic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2008, 03:42:00 am »

what about HOLY CARP? thats usually what im saying when an attack happens....

Drunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2008, 07:20:00 am »

The first thought I had for a name was Carpe Jugulum, a great title of a book by Terry Pratchett which I think is highly appropriate, but after further research it turns out there are a few (slightly) more dangerous types of carp: Epalzeorhynchos which are kind of sharks, obviously are carp with bigger teeth, the rainbow shark and the red tailed black shark. Then theres the culter genus (these discworld references are too common for coincidence) which is listed on wikipedia as predatory carp. I think we should go with the rainbow shark
A stopped clock is right for exactly two infinitessimal moments every day.
A working clock on the other hand is almost never ever exactly right.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2008, 07:40:00 am »

Mother of All Carp, make it size 20 or something.

I've only fought carp once in adventure mode.  I got ambushed by a jaguar, decided to play with the carp in the river.  I chased them around for a bit, and then the jaguar joined the fun.  They tore it in half.  TORE THE JAGUAR IN HALF.  I got away, losing only an eye.

Shoes...

Stormlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2008, 10:21:00 am »

I've just been inspired to start a new fortress, in which I'll trap either a carp or an Elephant in a room, and feed it all my unwanted dwarves. I suspect it will become the most legendary dwarf slayer in the entire world before I'm done.

I wonder if I'll be able to find it with my adventurer after the fortress falls? Does anyone know if it will gain any skill or attributes after killing several dozen immigrants?

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »

I think that makes carp killers is their ability to take dwarves underwater.
Since you're drowning when you fall in the water, you can't go back on earth.

In fact, from the very moment when your feet leave the ground, you're doomed.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2008, 11:01:00 am »

Blood Carp or Dwarven Carp, either way the current carp should be made a separate creature when the fish with bite attacks are fixed.

EDIT:  Apparently there's a hellephant hoody:
http://www.greenfishsports.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2752
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:52:31 pm by Qmarx »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]