Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: EVO Revived - Turn 3, Meh, seems like they all like babies...  (Read 11270 times)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EVO Revived - Looking for Players, read rules first before posting.
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2010, 08:50:12 am »

Ah, I was waiting for you to post, ^^;;!

Name: Draco
Dietary needs: Herbivore
Appearance: The Draco appears to be a bipedal lizard with tough, leathery skin. The Draco's arms have a thin, leathery webbing that extends from the torso to the end of the fourth digit. This delicate webbing is currently useless for any purpose other than decoration. The Draco uses its hind claws to dig burrows for itself.
Starting Location: G15
Offense: None
Exotic: Flexible Digits (Allows for manipulation of small objects) (rank 1)(4pts)
Defensive: Tough Skin (rank 1) (3pts)
Egg Laying (Rank 3) (Litter size of 5) (3pts + 5pts + 8pts)
Civil: Verbal Traditon(rank 2)(2pts + 4 pts)
Burrows (builds underground, greater protection from the elements)(rank 2) (2pts + 4pts)
Farming (rank 3)(2pts + 4pts + 7pts)
Weaving (rank 1)(2pts)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2010, 09:23:53 am »

RNG/Armok/Nirur Torir civ:

The Hebi are a race of serpentlike humanoids, similar to Naga, that live in coral reefs underwater. Over generations of fighting underwater predators, they have learned several techniques for survival. The most prominent is their ability to rapidly reproduce, making up for any losses to these creatures. They also have learned how to hide both underwater and on land, either sneaking away or stealthily ambushing would-be predators with spears coated in thick poison that they have learned how to make from sea urchins, octopus, other poisonous fish and occasionally plants or coral. This knowledge of poisons has also lead to the discovery of medicine, which they use to treat themselves or trade with others.

Civic:

Lv 4 Fertility(24): Female Hebi lay many eggs at a time.
Lv 2 Kelp Farming(6): The Hebi have become skilled at tending farms of nutritious kelp.
Lv 2 Underwater Construction(6): Hebi have learned how to influence coral growth, allowing them to create internal spaces large enough to use for housing.
Lv 1 Medicine(2): The Hebi have discovered that certain extracts from various marine animals can be used to improve the rate at which their wounds heal.

Exotic:

Lv 1 Underwater Breathing(4): The Hebi have rudimentary gills and a fairly large lung capacity, enabling them to stay underwater for a few hours.

Offensive:

Lv 1 Poisons(5): The Hebi have learned that the venom from various marine animals can be used to coat sharpened sticks.

Defensive:

Lv 1 Stealth(3): The Hebi are naturally stealthy.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2010, 10:20:22 am »

I already PMed it to him Nirur.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:24:21 am by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2010, 07:25:59 pm »

well okay that is all three groups. I have some assignments to take care of first, but i'll strive to get a beginning turn up today...sometime.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2010, 10:50:51 pm »

Turn 1

On some Planet in some galaxy, there was an island on which three four life forms were competing for supremacy. This is the tale of that island...and to a lesser degree the things on that island; but mainly the island.

In the beginning there were the Hebi, the aquatic peoples who inhabited the eastern sea, the Phelsuma small lizard like beings who cowardly shed body parts to escape being eaten. Finally there were the Draco, a slightly larger lizard people, who were not so cowardly, but still didn't like being eaten; and then there were the Apocrita the giant ant people living in their caves.

Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And now go forth and proliferate. Which means post your actions for this turn.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:50:22 am by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2010, 10:53:30 pm »

How many population units do we start with?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2010, 10:55:26 pm »

How many population units do we start with?
I was about to ask the same thing.

Also, how much food do we need to sustain our population?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2010, 11:19:57 pm »

Augh we lost it?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2010, 12:21:21 am »

Shiko, just warning you that we should be in. Working on getting your address right now

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2010, 03:14:50 am »

your original colony starts with 3/10 and food is not really a part of it. so no food is 'needed' and sorry ched and red i'll work on that just give me a little bit

EDIT: Ched and Red, i edited you into it as i forgot you. So now there is four creatures, which rounds things out quite nicely i think. Anyway post your actions for this turn and i'll get back to you tomorrow. Night all.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:52:10 am by Shikogan »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2010, 05:28:25 am »

When someone would be looking onto this island from, say, a helicopter, he would suspect dark magic as soon as his binoculars reached the northern hill. Rotten corpses, and parts of corpses, were slowly sliding up the hill, converging in a point where they disappeared under some bushes and an overhanging rock. Only when someone would look much, much closer, he could see that every piece of decaying meat was dragged by a group of lizards, about a feet long and covered in green-brown skin, effectively erasing them from the sight of everyone who didn't look too closely.

The Phelsumae were building their farms.

(Turn: the tile to the north is scouted, and some carrion is dragged to the farms. Question is, who made those corpses?)
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2010, 11:47:35 am »

Damn it Shiko, why didn't you let me know earlier? I modified some numbers to make you look like a high-level Scientologist and posted your address, IP address, credit card numbers, passwords and encryption codes, and SSN on /b/. Your fault for not putting us in to begin with

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2010, 01:42:57 pm »

Wait, you were joking about that?

Er...
I may have done some... unsavory things.

EDIT: A colony with 1/10 population gives 1 population every two turns, correct? Would that mean the turn after it was established, like this?
Establish colony: 1/10 pop; 1 turn to growth
Turn passes: 1/10 pop; growth; 2/10 pop.
Or does it mean two turns after it was established, like this?
Establish colony: 1/10 pop; 2 turns to growth
Turn passes: 1/10 pop; 1 turn to growth
Turn passes: 1/10 pop; growth; 2/10 pop.
Same goes for our original hex. Do we get 1 population next turn, or the one after?

Also, what do our Farming and Frenzied Queen evolutions do? That is, how much, if at all, has it raised our pop max/growth rate by?

Is moving population around a free action? For example, if I have 3 hexes with 2/10 population each, can I move make them 1/10, 1/10, and 4/10, and then settle a new hex with 3 population?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:27:10 pm by Cheddarius »

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
Re: EVO Revived - Turn 1, just need to post your actions
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2010, 11:44:33 pm »

well you really need to provide me with a description of each evolution and what it does, and i'll let you know. also yes you will gain population this turn, and no you cannot move population around like that to start a new colony the same turn, the next maybe not the one your moving them.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2010, 12:13:40 am »

Thanks!

I provided the evolution descriptions in my join post, here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10