Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Designate stockpiles over open space (or bridges)  (Read 899 times)

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Designate stockpiles over open space (or bridges)
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

That's it.
I thought of it while thinking about a quick way to get wood inside of my fortress, without setting up an open invitation for the next batch of goblins. So I'd like to dig a shaft, where the wood is dumped into. Living under the ground ought to be good for something.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

Doniazade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Designate stockpiles over open space (or bridges)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 01:58:00 pm »

Would be nice and practical. Maybe some kind of goods chute or something, because I doubt a crystal glass window would like getting dropped ten floors down...

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »

I always wanted to be able to designate stockpiles over grates.  But they are concidered furniture so I am unable to do so.  I suspect this to be a logical error as it seems strange that a floor grate would be considered as "furniture" and not as a contructed floor tile.  Perhaps I'll make my own thread about this.
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »

I have to disagree in this case...

If only because there is no way to stop this from being abused as a One square Stockpile that can fit all resources. (You already can KINDA do this with Dumps)

If on the other hand it was simply a chute and they would still have to put it away... (and something to prevent this from being a "One square Stockpile") Id agree

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 02:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Neonivek:
<STRONG>I have to disagree in this case...

If only because there is no way to stop this from being abused as a One square Stockpile that can fit all resources. (You already can KINDA do this with Dumps)

If on the other hand it was simply a chute and they would still have to put it away... (and something to prevent this from being a "One square Stockpile") Id agree</STRONG>

Well, in the future space will have to fill up when objects fall on top of each other, so without dwarves hauling the stuff away down there it would soon be filled and unusable. Until that happens, yes, it can be abused.

Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.