Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making new economic stones  (Read 752 times)

Gladius_Lucix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making new economic stones
« on: March 08, 2010, 07:22:32 pm »

Is there a token or something that needs to be put in the matgloss definition to tag a stone as economic? Or does it just need to be specifically in a reaction?
Resistance is NOT futile, IT MAKES TOAST!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making new economic stones
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 07:38:22 pm »

The only means of doing so currently is via the reaction method, yes, which I presume you know about.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 08:29:14 pm »

Is there a token or something that needs to be put in the matgloss definition to tag a stone as economic? Or does it just need to be specifically in a reaction?

Any Stone that is an ore or part of a reaction is automatically an economic stone, any current economic stone stops being an economic stone if you remove the ore token or the reaction that uses it. Beyond that there is no special token or hardcoded function that makes a stone economic.

So your choice is to use the existing economic stone reaction or to create a use for each stone type be it an ore or a reaction (for example microcline in my game is used for pottery reactions).

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 04:10:57 am »

I have been wondering so long about that, and now I finally know. Yay!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"