Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: BYOR: Choices Day 4 (*insert obligitary question about my identity here*)  (Read 29371 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR: Choices Day 2 (1 replacement needed)
« Reply #255 on: March 30, 2010, 01:14:02 am »

THAT WOULD BE BECAUSE ERROL IS DEAD OH GOD I AM A MORON and CONFUSED.

Okay.  Unvote.  This needs thought.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 30, 2010, 08:04:20 am »

A man or a dwarf can last 1 day without food easily.  A week can be done with some planing. 

But can 9 people survive an entire season without food? No.

So the survivors did what they could to live.  On the good side, there was a seemingly endless amount of bugs and critters running around.  On the bad side, it meant that was all there was to eat.  On the worst side, it took a long time to even find enough food to not go mad with starvation.

As Org followed a particularly fast hedgehog to the kitchen, she stumbled on a bag of plump helmet. She turned to the bag and thought of cooking it, but only for a moment since it would take so long and the hedgehog is right there.  Quickly, she darts away after her prey.

A moment later, RedWarrior0 watches Org leave, lifting the plump helmet in one hand and stuffing a butterfly into her mouth.

Archangel is also hunting, but not for food (at the moment).  She had a mind to make a few crafts to take her mind away from what she ate the prior night, but she can't seem to find any stone.  Making her way near the entrance, she sees Vector arguing to the merchant.

Vector says, "EACH!  It's 60 EACH!?"

The merchant nods. "That's what I said, sir.  I can sell you the gun, but you don't have enough for the Tuber Beer.. not all of it anyway."

The debate went on for a moment, with Vector on the losing end.  Archangel noticed that the merchant kept looking at him in a funny way.

The merchant suddenly said, "Look, perhaps we can make a deal inside the wagon.  What you say won't help my profits, but we can work something out."

The two then walk inside the wagon.  Archangel decided to wait, partially because she spotted a small nest of roaches. 

While trying NOT to think about how she spent her time waiting, she saw Vector walk from the wagon pulling out a barrel and carrying a sub machine gun.  Spotting Archangel, he walks up to her and points the gun at her face.

"Repeat after me, YOU SAW NOTHING!"

After repeated, and panicked, assurances that she indeed didn't see anything, Vector walked away as fast as he could with his load.

The rest of the season was spent hunting, and hunting, and hunting, for things few would want to remember ever eating..until.

"DINNER'S READY!  COME TO THE DINING ROOM!"  That was RedWarrior0.  8 portals bloomed in the dining room (how do you think you guys traveled in the fort, WALKING!?) letting in 8 hungry souls.  The others saw RedWarrior0 with a beautiful smile, suffing a well cooked plump helmet biscut into her mouth and pointing to a table stacked with more biscuts and mugs of beer.

To add to the good news, Pandarsenic and SirBayer told everyone (in between biscuts) that they had managed to use some of the seeds for more plants. 

Everyone ate very well. 

Reminder: there's a 50% chance to fail your action if you are hungry.  It's still considered trying so you still become better at your skill, at least.

Leafsnail tried to farm but failed due to hunger
Webadict tried to make some armor but failed due to hunger
Org tried to cook but failed due to hunger
RedWarrior tried to cook (I assume: you need to state more clearly your actions next time) and made 1 day of food
Pandarsenic farmed 1 barrel of plants
Archangel could not do anything due to lack of stone
SirBayer farmed 2 barrels of plants
Vector sold 2 stones, 1 day of alcohol, and 5 bags of seeds for 3 days of acohol and a sub machine gun

(note: all prices WERE 'each' so you sold less than you bought.  I did not take pity though, but I should've mentioned that higher skilled appraisers can do that, though it's risky)

Everyone ate and drank this time, so no more hunger problems.

Supplies:
5☼ each, 3 bags of seeds
10☼ each, 3 barrels of plants
5☼ each 7 pieces of wood
150☼ 1 iron chainsaw (carried by Pandarsenic)
150☼ 1 iron axe (carried by RedWarrior)
100☼ 1 sub machine gun (carried by Vector)
40☼ each, 2 iron picks
50☼ each, 1 day of alcohol
5☼ each 3 ore
10☼ 1 bar
30☼ 2 mechanisms
5☼ 2 days of alcohol

For Sale:
100☼ each, 5 bars
50☼ 1 cage
300☼ each, 2 glass toothpicks (melee weapon)
200☼ 1 day of food
200☼ 1 day of alcohol
1000☼ 1 bin of leather

1 elephant is now in the entrance (where traps are placed and where the wagon is)
2 new elephants are outside

Last note: Know what's funny?  It takes less time to process a dwarf season than it does to process a normal night!  The majority of the time is used writing to flavor an keeping track of what seeds are being used and what brand of alcohol is being drunk (which, again, is just flavor). 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2010, 08:18:06 am »

Make armor.

Someone start making bars. Someone start planting.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2010, 11:10:35 am »

We need to make some food first, desu.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2010, 12:04:27 pm »

Okay, sorru about not being here yesterday, catching up.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2010, 12:36:00 pm »

take mealtime? O.o If yo mean eating, that's done automatically if there's food.  If there isn't food then, well.. nothing is done.

Ooh, okay. I assumed you had to take some action to eat.

I'll try to cook some plants into delicious salads and/or stews.
Rock stew.

Rarrrrr skrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeecccccccchhhhhhhh.                           

on my iPod so may be confusing
bayer is stupid
I said stone trap not cage

...right.

Damn it I keep making these votes based on skims unvote Org goddammit

Hmm... perhaps the Boatmurdered is distracting us too much from the mafia, desu.  SirBayer, what are your current reasons for voting Org, desu?

...oh, okay. So you didn't... read the post? Where I asked him a question? In order to get an answer?

Webby. What are your thoughts on the scumteam? Who are they and what are they doing?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 30, 2010, 12:43:40 pm »

Webby. What are your thoughts on the scumteam? Who are they and what are they doing?
Not a clue. The complexity this game exhibits is far beyond mind-blowing. I'm actually kinda hoping some pulls off a Xanatos Gambit.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 30, 2010, 02:08:09 pm »

Hmmm... so, given that the ridiculous complexity of this game seems to be destroying any ability whatsoever to scumhunt, I'm going to go with Simple and Clean (shut up, it's the only good Utada Hikaru song >_>) in an attempt to make this thing more manageable.  Since we seem to have Boatmurdered resources reasonably under control and I doubt Dakarian will nerf and/or destroy the NK, I figure it's the next logical step.

Votes for players will have to wait until I've done a thread reread.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 30, 2010, 03:10:48 pm »

I like Remove All The BS, personally.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2010, 03:13:23 pm »

There are no dwarves here should be the slogan.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2010, 03:25:46 pm »

RrrrrrrrAaaaawwwwrrr grrrrrrrrr rar

I make a trap

I do not invite[/i]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 30, 2010, 04:16:44 pm »

There are no dwarves here should be the slogan.

All right.  Time to do what I can to help the town and toss the stagnation.

If we get a slogan with the word "Simple" in it, then I can permanently remove one of the rules.  I'm currently thinking that should either be Boatmurdered or the Portals.  What do you say, dudes?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 30, 2010, 04:31:14 pm »

WOOO HOO!

From here on, Kashyyk has replaced Humaan, starting right now!
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR: Choices Day 2 (REPLACEMENT FOUND WOOO!)
« Reply #268 on: March 30, 2010, 04:34:24 pm »

Sidenote: Deadline to Summer and end of day: Wednesday 9pm EST

I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR: Choices Day 2 (REPLACEMENT FOUND WOOO!)
« Reply #269 on: March 30, 2010, 05:34:15 pm »

That, or the word similar to sample is the word you mark people with.

I make seeds into plants and claim the armor Webadict makes.

Dakface, can I do this and THEN move out into the entrance to chop up the elephants?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30