Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: BYOR: Choices Day 4 (*insert obligitary question about my identity here*)  (Read 29335 times)

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
Re: BYOR: Choices DAY 1 (For Better or Worse, it begins HERE!)
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2010, 01:37:03 am »

Vector, as you can see, Leafsnail has already removed his vote from you, as I expected.  I expect that Org will soon do the same.

If you can answer me the following question, I will focus my attention on a person of your choice instead.

"In the Dark Border series, what is the name of that great and benevolent being who repopulated the world with humans from another universe?"

DF: Since we already have and entrance, I decide I'd rather mine for fish.

Unvote slogan.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2010, 01:53:03 am »

I think I'll watch this one.

Here's to hoping dakarian doesn't pull any of his crazy bastard mod hijinx and forcibly enter me into this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2010, 03:43:34 am »

Vector, as you can see, Leafsnail has already removed his vote from you, as I expected.  I expect that Org will soon do the same.

If you can answer me the following question, I will focus my attention on a person of your choice instead.

"In the Dark Border series, what is the name of that great and benevolent being who repopulated the world with humans from another universe?"

I'm not answering that, doodabuddy.  Period.  And if other people are smart, they won't answer it, either.

So, either you're town and seriously silly enough to not know how to conceal your intentions (and you don't really know about the third-vote rule), or you're scum... but if you're scum, then you're blatantly stabbing your buddies in the back, and you are therefore completely screwed.  I also seriously can't see such a novice player pulling a fake XR condition so early in a game.

Bleh.  You're horribly anti-town, but you're probably not scum... so Unvote.

Pandarsenic, what do you think we should choose for our slogan, and why?

So... I'm not quite sure I get it, yet, but I guess I'll try to Generate some seeds.  Bleh.  Do I have to tell you what kind, or whatever?  I'm hopelessly confused (and this is the simple version!)  >:(
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2010, 05:16:29 am »

We should choose "THINGS EXPLODING!!!1!!" as our slogan. Because frankly, whatever is produced from that is gonna be HILARIOUS.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2010, 09:13:43 am »

@Vector

No worries.  As I said, I'll also help how I can.

For example, one way to 'get more seeds' is Herbalism, which is simply someone who goes out and gets seeds from the plants growing around.  It's not guaranteed (especially if you don't have the skill yet) but if it works out well there you go.  You'll also get better at herbalism as you do it as well (you can learn multiple skills)

A seed is a seed so doesn't matter what kind.  Storywise I'll name them but it doesn't matter and if you want to be creative, you could say whatever you want (Lychee seeds perhaps? :D).

Officially I have Vector goes out to gather seeds as an herbalist.

And yes, the DF version is actually MUCH more complex. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2010, 11:00:49 am »

Vector, you really took that little bit of pressure very hard.  From what I hear, that's a bit scummy.

Also, you say that I acted anti-town, but my actions did not harm town as far as I can tell.  That also makes me suspicious of you.

And you call me a novice, as if you cannot tell that I'm just doing random votes, but I am certain that you are more experienced than that.

That's three scumtells already, but I don't want to anger you scum too much, so I Unvote Vector.

Now, Humaan has been rather quiet thus far.

Humaan, care to tell us why you are so quiet?  I hope you're not chatting too much with your scumteam. :)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2010, 11:30:59 am »

We should choose "THINGS EXPLODING!!!1!!" as our slogan. Because frankly, whatever is produced from that is gonna be HILARIOUS.

This is verily a very intriguing idea. It has my support.

On another note, I repeat my action to gather some seeds.

[/df] Unvote.

Leafsnail seems to be of the shady sort. I fear he is just faking his desu-thing. I wish we were not doing this overly complex "Xanatos Gambit" thing. Sigh. There is just so much things entangled within it. But, because I want not to promote fear, I am just going to assume there is nothing below this surface.

DreamThorn... I think you posing the servant of God known as Vector a riddle was part of your post requirement, of your character. There are compulsions like that. But you also are defensive. Major problem. As an honorable member of Town, you are usually reckless, charging your suspects without mercy. But instead, you defend yourself and deflect suspicion by bullying a quiet one. Man up, knave, and pick on someone your size!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2010, 12:08:12 pm »

Sirbayer, are we really so mean you don't want to come play with us, desu?

Possibly. No, I just don't play Mafia on weekends.

...this is the exception.

Seconded.

Archangel. Come out and play. The rest of the people are already on it. Who would you like to be your resistance buddy?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2010, 12:09:54 pm »

Oh yeah. If it becomes possible, I assist Leafsnail with planting.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2010, 12:21:25 pm »

Ok, Errol.

Many of the things I did was actually quite reckless, but I thought that it would be wrong to show which, lest someone target these weaknesses.  That is why I seem defensive.

I decided from the beginning that I would like to try a WIFOM-heavy town strategy, but this hastur ned against me much quicker than expected.

Unvote Humaan
Vote Vector

Vector, care to defend yourself against my accusations?

And a question I pose to anyone who would have my aid:

"Icanhasturnip!?"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2010, 12:25:41 pm »

Nobody quote DreamThorn's last post.  He has a Xanatos Typo in it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2010, 12:38:39 pm »

Oh dear gods this is going to be awful.

Why do I let you people draw me in to play this game on weekends.

Dreamthorn: Wow, that was a... very fast vote-jump.

Very fast.

What was that all about?
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2010, 12:53:21 pm »

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, DREAMTHORN.

Vector, you really took that little bit of pressure very hard.  From what I hear, that's a bit scummy.

Also, you say that I acted anti-town, but my actions did not harm town as far as I can tell.  That also makes me suspicious of you.

And you call me a novice, as if you cannot tell that I'm just doing random votes, but I am certain that you are more experienced than that.

That's three scumtells already, but I don't want to anger you scum too much, so I Unvote Vector.

Right.  That explains why your "random vote" was the third on a bandwagon, and why every single bloody question you've been asking has a certain word attached.  I don't know if you're Xanatos Gambiting or trying to get your night action, but I simply don't care.  Either way, you're being so extraordinarily unsubtle about it that I end up thinking shenanigans are being pulled (for the obvious reason).

Vector, care to defend yourself against my accusations?

Sure.  My response to your pressure is for others to gauge, not me, but I'll submit here that when one person has been dogpiled by three people on the first page of the game, the dogpilee might examine the voters.  Now, since this is the random vote stage, one usually doesn't have THREE RANDOM VOTES fall on one like a ton of bricks; even two is rare.  Thus I decided that you needed extra examination, since the first vote contains no special information, while the second was made by Org, who is... erratic, at best.  Thus I am examining you.  It's all very simple.  If you think that my examination is an overreaction, then that's unfortunate.

I feel like you're trying to get people to say a certain word that would never show up naturally in a post; that looks like a natural condition for a Xanatos Roulette.  Additionally, you say that you're going for a WIFOM-filled town game, which I believe (as per my penultimate post).  However, I also believe that a "WIFOM-filled town game" is pretty much the situation of someone attempting to fulfill his XR goals.  This thing is damned confusing, doodabuddy.  It's not like we can just sit back and say "Oh, he's trying to get us to say a word!  That's just fine."  I don't know what the reasoning is behind your words more than anyone else, and so I have to be careful and suspicious.

I'm calling you a novice, yes.  My experience tells me that you're acting like a novice, and if you think you're doing a great job of random-voting just like everyone else, then you are indeed a Novice with a capital N.  You're also trying to brush absolutely everything you do incorrectly under the rug as "Oh, I was just random-voting" and "Oh, I was just asking normal questions."  Cut it out, get more subtle, and figure out how to do what you need to do without letting the entire damned planet know about it.

The part where you're laying suspicion on me because of your crazy behavior is not going to fly, scumboy.  Fix it, and fix it quick.

Additional: you may have no turnips.

But instead, you defend yourself and deflect suspicion by bullying a quiet one. Man up, knave, and pick on someone your size!

I get the distinct feeling that you're buddying.  Watching you, Errol.

Nobody quote DreamThorn's last post.  He has a Xanatos Typo in it.

To be more specific, look at the misspelled word (s).  Then look at the first cluster (it starts with an H).  That's the word I'm trying to avoid.

Hrm.  Are you not at all worried about the potential anti-town consequences of such a move?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2010, 01:12:54 pm »

Oh yeah. If it becomes possible, I assist Leafsnail with planting.

Quickcomment:  Technically yes since all that it requires is for you to go Harvesting as well.  Nothing specially will happen with you 'combined' but well.. two people doing the same thing is better than one. 

@Leafsnail, you can only do one action per season.  You haven't farmed anything yet.  Should I mark you as mining INSTEAD of farming?

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2010, 04:14:49 pm »

I'll farm then, desu.  I guess SirBayer can plant our crops for today, desu.

I can assure others that my verbal tic is an unfortunate side effect of being a maiden of the rose, and nothing to do with my Xanatos goal, desu.

Dreamthorn - I would like you to stop pursuing your goal now, desu.  We already know what it is, and thus we can stop you from getting an SK win, yes?  On the other hand, it seems unlikely that a mafia member would out and begin his Xanatos goal so early, as it would a) make him more suspicious and b) cause distrust among the scumteam, both of which would be very bad for him, yes?

@Errol - how could it be related to a Xanatos gambit, desu?  If a tic was part of that, there would be no way for anyone else to stop it, desu.  If you're really worried, don't quote me, desu (I'm avoiding quoting other people too for this reason, desu).

@RedWarrior0 - do you agree that lurking as scum is a very lazy tactic, desu?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30