Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: BYOR: Choices Day 4 (*insert obligitary question about my identity here*)  (Read 29363 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR: Choices (signups and quirk discussion)
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 07:44:16 pm »

Kinda want

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »

If you believe you can keep up, Org, then yes you can IN as well.  You slipped a LITTLE in Boot Camp but only slightly so I know you'll be more than fine here.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 03:18:20 am »

In if you'll have me.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 07:27:21 am »

Now you, Arch, I have to seriously think about. 

You don't flake but in ISE you quite literally only show up to perform your action and walk away.  In Boot Camp, meanwhile, you stretch your lurkings well beyond even the natural deadline, and it was quite clear, before you actively said it, that even those posts show up only because of the vote requirement. 

I know how it is to have multiple things pull at you (i.e. SC2 is beaconing me now and, yes, I'm going to go play it again very soon.  I SO want to get used to Zerg!  And yes I KNOW I STILL NEED TO UPDATE THE GRADES!) so I'm not talking about that.  What I want to know is whether you do find these games interesting?  Is it really just a matter of me waving my hand at you when homework and other games catch your eye or is it really me forcing you to get involved in a game you really don't have a big interest in?

If you really DO want to play, and scumhunt, and what not and just get distracted, I'll let you in and work accordingly.  If you do find that the game gets boring by about day 2 for you then I'm not sure even something like this will change that.

I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 08:54:45 am »

You don't flake but in ISE you quite literally only show up to perform your action and walk away.  In Boot Camp, meanwhile, you stretch your lurkings well beyond even the natural deadline, and it was quite clear, before you actively said it, that even those posts show up only because of the vote requirement. 

I know how it is to have multiple things pull at you (i.e. SC2 is beaconing me now and, yes, I'm going to go play it again very soon.  I SO want to get used to Zerg!  And yes I KNOW I STILL NEED TO UPDATE THE GRADES!) so I'm not talking about that.  What I want to know is whether you do find these games interesting?  Is it really just a matter of me waving my hand at you when homework and other games catch your eye or is it really me forcing you to get involved in a game you really don't have a big interest in?

If you really DO want to play, and scumhunt, and what not and just get distracted, I'll let you in and work accordingly.  If you do find that the game gets boring by about day 2 for you then I'm not sure even something like this will change that.
Don't do it. IT'S A TRAP!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 01:13:32 pm »

I'll make an entry for this on the Signboard tonight.  Not going to in, though--I'm  currently in 4 games, mentoring 1, and running 1 (somehow), and even though 1/2 of them are Lyloing it's just taking too much time.  Too bad...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 05:19:10 pm »

My guess is that Rhymes with Orange/Purple will change voting color or flavortext or something like that. Show and Tell probably means we can quote the mod.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 01:49:56 am »

Actually, the only vote I made in Boot Camp that was just because of the requirement was the last one. As for I/S/E, I joined it only because of the setting, and I really shouldn't have.
I do want to play, it's just a matter of making myself concentrate on whatever I need to do. For example, I intended to go through and analyse Eduren's posts (I'll go do that once I've finished this post) but instead I came online, found I had been lynched in Boot Camp, and am posting here. I'll do my best to get up to date with my schoolwork before this starts so that, hopefully, I have enough time to play properly. It doesn't help that my time is 16 hours ahead of sever time and I usually only have access to the internet in the evening.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 08:32:47 am »

That's what I wanted to hear.  I'll trying to make sure I'm accommodating for time zones, though make sure you keep pushing when you can here.

Aka, you're in.

I need at least 2 more to keep it standard, though more will be useful.  Note that, again, this game won't even TRY to start until after BYOR3 ends.  Until then, you are free to add or remove choices on which quirks you'll want or what name you want for your role.  I'm playing around with roles now but I won't plan anything final until I'm sure all of the players that want to have joined up.

I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 10:30:14 am »

That's what I wanted to hear.  I'll trying to make sure I'm accommodating for time zones, though make sure you keep pushing when you can here.

Aka, you're in.

I need at least 2 more to keep it standard, though more will be useful.  Note that, again, this game won't even TRY to start until after BYOR3 ends.  Until then, you are free to add or remove choices on which quirks you'll want or what name you want for your role.  I'm playing around with roles now but I won't plan anything final until I'm sure all of the players that want to have joined up.
There's only one way to fix this...

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR: Choices (signups and quirk discussion: at least 2 more needed)
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 10:59:59 am »

Mother #*(%@(%  i forgot a rule that I wanted.

Spoiled Flavor

yes, I said what that one does before, and I don't mind it in this case.  This is the "story has game elements in it.  If you investigated a townie that was killed, you'd see this without this quirk (of course with more story-flavor in it in the actual game):

"You went to their house and found out that they were town"

with the quirk:

"You went into their house and found they were town.  As you left you heard gunshots behind you."

Basically, your nightly information will be similar to what you'd actually see if you were doing it.  Without the quirk, it would be like a Beginner's Game: nothing in the story would relate to actual events.  Roles, of course, would be balanced in that accord and the information is useful but won't be game breaking.  It would be a Rank B since I'm sure you guys would be reading DEEP into my flavor due to it.

I KNEW IT!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2010, 07:26:42 pm »

In. Sending Role PM ASAP.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 09:43:55 pm »

Btw, I need opinions on Spoiled Flavor.  In or out.  I'm assuming those that said "everything" will want it as well, so it's mostly for those that specified.

Also note if anyone is curious, the request for PMing the quirk requests is just to make it easier for me.  What YOU pick will NOT have an affect on you or your role.  Consider yourself perfectly free to talk about which ones you picked.

Btw. Org sent his role so I assume he's also in. 

And again, remember that your rank may have an effect on your role. 
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 09:44:32 pm »

Indeed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 10:31:40 pm »

And again, remember that your rank may have an effect on your role. 
Huh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30