Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shepheard  (Read 794 times)

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Shepheard
« on: May 25, 2008, 09:00:00 am »

I don't know if this has been suggested, notthat I've heard, so here it goes.

I personally am tired of all the kittens wanderign around outside and all the cows crowded inside and several dwarves just not doing anything.

What if we could take these dwarves turn them into shepheards. They could have a menu of what animal you'd like to heard. Then they grab their walking stick and then roam around the map with the kittens or cows, whatever is designated to be hearded, to keep them all together and to get then outa the fortress.

My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shepheard
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 11:31:00 am »

very cool idea.  i think that makes a whole lot of sense.  course, in anyhting but a joyous wilds location, that herd is probably dead meat, but cool idea.....ohhhhhh dwarven sheep/cattle dogs to drive them to safety.

A little known fact:  Shepards are not there to protect the sheep from predators.  They are there to protect the sheep from themselves, because sheep have an innate genious ability to commit suicide in the most creative of ways......sorta like the dwarves in my fortress.  Case in point, my perfectly healthy wrestler who suffocated in the barracks.........left a plastic bag lying around prolly........

GMcG

"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:56:00 am »

I like this idea.  I also like the idea of being able to herd rats and children, like some drunken pied pipper.  

In a best case scenario, these herders can make rats and children and cats and dogs and sheep and cattle march happily into magma pits.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Heavy Flak:
<STRONG>pied pipper.  
</STRONG>

I love that.  I don't know why, but I do.