Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: feelings towards Adventurers?  (Read 1691 times)

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
feelings towards Adventurers?
« on: March 08, 2010, 12:00:40 am »

How do you think townspeople feel about Adventurers?

My thoughts are they admire them for doing heroics and saving the town from vile monsters, but at the same time they hate them.

They hate them because they need them to protect them from said monsters.
They hate them becausethey never come in peace, but only to either hunt monsters, or to bring a band of humanoids to lay waste to a settlement
They hate them because they garb themselves in the belongings of dead Settlements(both the ones they slaughter and long dead fortresses).

To thier faces, they call them adventurers, and lavish praises upon them, but behind thier backs, they call them Crows, for they feed of the suffering of others.

thats my thougts. you?

There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: feelings towards Adventurers?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 12:55:42 am »

When I'm around I believe the only thing they're thinking is
"OHH GOD AHHHHHH OHHH GOD THE PAIN! OH SWEET ARMOK LET ME DIE!  HE'S PINCHING MY EXPOSED GUTS! GAHHHHH!"

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 01:26:15 am »

HE'S PINCHING MY EXPOSED GUTS! GAHHHHH!"
You can do that?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 01:37:04 am »

HE'S PINCHING MY EXPOSED GUTS! GAHHHHH!"
You can do that?

There's a reason why [torture_for_fun] is under my name.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 01:54:34 am »

Mine, it's probably curiosity. I don't spend much time in towns, but I wander around wearing blue adamantine armour the colour of microcline, and set fires.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 11:12:33 am »

Well, usually when I come back to a town after an adventure, mostly it's orphaned children wandering around asking "WHY DID YOU FEED MOMMY AND DADDY TO THAT DRAGON!??!"
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 03:00:27 pm »

They probably think my adventurers are retarded, seeing as somtimes I sometimes click the same button three times on accident, leading my adventurer to say:

You look like a mighty warrior!
I am a child.
You look like a mighty warrior!
I am a child.
You look like a mighy warrior!
I'm a freaking child!
Than you are a mighty warrior!
gahhh!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 11:05:17 pm »

They probably arent aware of adventurers. Their like bacteria, they have no feelings or emotions. They just mindlessly amble about until stimulated.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 08:44:41 am »

some times there viewd as mighty mercenary by one civ and as godlike killing machines that give no quater a warlord to be feared.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 09:15:52 pm »

Probably curiosity depending on the species. I'm pretty sure having a lizardman walk into your house and sleep in the bed you and your wife are already sleeping on must be strange.
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 12:08:45 pm »

Probably curiosity depending on the species. I'm pretty sure having a lizardman walk into your house and sleep in the bed you and your wife are already sleeping on must be strange.
strange is one word for it.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 12:49:02 pm »

Yeah but considering this is DF, perhaps "Tuesday" would be a more fitting word for it.
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 02:51:53 am »

Yeah but considering this is DF, perhaps "Tuesday" would be a more fitting word for it.
and on wednesday, a kobold leading a band of trolls and ogres will come in and buy all your socks.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 03:02:03 am »

And then some dude holding twelve different shields comes in and sells a jaguar corpse and some clothes in exchange for an extra backpack and a load of coins, which he promptly sticks in the corner.

Yes, you can sell jaguar corpses to merchants.  But they need to be included as part of a deal with something else getting offered, otherwise they won't take them.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 11:57:25 am »

I think that anyone would regard adventurers with fear and awe.

Mine are normally wearing two layers of chain-mail, carrying massive mauls and at least 30 shields (assorted iron, steel and wooden shields). Not to mention, they're usually drenched from head to toe in blood and running many times faster than anyone could if they tried.

My latest adventurer is on a deadly mission to wipe out all sentient life in the universe. I've already wiped out every single human and elf, but I'm having some trouble navigating the maze-like dwarven fortresses to find the dwarves. No wonder they build their forts that way! Invaders just plain get lost!
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.
Pages: [1] 2