Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92670 times)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game ongoing)
« Reply #870 on: November 02, 2010, 12:46:24 am »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 02, 2010, 01:44:44 am »

If there's anything you need to outsource to your players, let us know.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 02, 2010, 01:00:38 pm »

Hey, finally!

Hmm...
Workalot Distillate
  4 compounds
  Applied during the creation of a building or terrain improvement, this formula reduces the construction cost by 1 labor.
You realize that's both cheaper and better than my Arcane Servitor? This is, of course, offset by the lower MP of the alchemists, but if anything improves their capacity they'll be better at construction than constructors. Granted, he's put more research in, but still.

Abculatter built a stable, which you don't seem to have given him.

I suppose crossbows require metal bolts rather than metal arrows?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 02, 2010, 06:55:07 pm »

I have 2 iron and 3 stone, but I think I should have 1 iron and 2 stone... also, I think I should have two herds of horses, not one, because I farmed tile 7 for horses last turn. (I'll do my turn with these assumptions, but if it turns out I'm wrong I'll change it)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 03, 2010, 01:53:59 pm »

I think I've got one more wood and one more wool than I should, but one less food, and it looks like you gave me 5 stone last turn that I shouldn't have. Also, what's with the +11 money this turn? I thought the mint would only give me 6?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 04, 2010, 06:43:40 pm »

You realize that's both cheaper and better than my Arcane Servitor? This is, of course, offset by the lower MP of the alchemists, but if anything improves their capacity they'll be better at construction than constructors. Granted, he's put more research in, but still.
It shouldn't be better, but be the same effect. Cheaper... As it stands, he needs to have two alchemists to do it. Increasing the cost to 5 so it takes two increases in compound capacity before a single alchemist could apply that formula seemed excessive when I wrote the turn.

I suppose crossbows require metal bolts rather than metal arrows?
Yes, following the same rules as metal arrows.

Also, what's with the +11 money this turn?
I'll need to check something here.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 04, 2010, 06:58:15 pm »

It shouldn't be better, but be the same effect. Cheaper... As it stands, he needs to have two alchemists to do it. Increasing the cost to 5 so it takes two increases in compound capacity before a single alchemist could apply that formula seemed excessive when I wrote the turn.
Oh, yeah, you're right. I was thinking the mechanic's workshop would work better with the cost reduction than the extra labor for some reason.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 06, 2010, 01:49:53 pm »

How the hell did those "Recruit" orders get there last turn...
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 07, 2010, 04:04:26 pm »

Well, if there was an error in the recruit orders, it might be good to hear that.

Now for the mint...
Valuable ores produce an additional 1 money when their tile is worked, whether money or ore is added. This increases to 2 with a mine, and 3 with a deep mine.
IronyOwl has gotten 5 money from his working his silver for 10 years now. As written, he should have gotten 2 money. When he corrected me when I forgot to take the mint into account, he said 5, probably misunderstanding the sentence that the mint adds its money whether the resource is added or not, and I never made sure that he calculated correctly. We could dock IronyOwl 30 money and go with 6 money, or we could keep things as they are (in which case 11 is also wrong).
Or maybe I'm just that incompetent.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 05:54:03 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 09, 2010, 08:10:33 pm »

Do tower shields slow units down? Also, can a single unit of Astral Mages keep Lunar Strength up on multiple military units?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 10, 2010, 11:23:37 am »

Do tower shields slow units down?
Nope, it's all in the armor.
Also, can a single unit of Astral Mages keep Lunar Strength up on multiple military units?
As long as the astral mages remain with all the units that you want to keep the spell up on, sure.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 11, 2010, 06:51:27 pm »

Man, we're all kind of failing this turn. Nine days, and my turn was second.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 11, 2010, 06:57:44 pm »

Well... I'm sure Otu likes the time to relax, at least... :-\

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 13, 2010, 06:51:38 pm »

Seriously, guys.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 13, 2010, 06:55:07 pm »

I know, I know. I'm just in a rather delicate situation (demonic cultists, overcrowded city, etc etc) and it can be hard to come up with adequate RP.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65