Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92787 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game ongoing)
« Reply #795 on: October 01, 2010, 05:47:49 pm »

I already sent you the money last turn, didn't I? I'll send you the medic this turn.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 01, 2010, 06:13:30 pm »

Did you? I didn't see anything to that effect in your last turn, although I'll admit I haven't checked the numbers on my treasury.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 01, 2010, 07:01:52 pm »

Yeah, it's right on the third line.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 02, 2010, 02:13:58 pm »

So it is. Looks like Knight Otu didn't take care of it, though. I don't know what's up with your money, actually; by my math you should have 55, not 69.

Oh, and Otu? I'm not sure if my morale is supposed to be 7 or 8, but right now you've got it at 7 but still giving me a labor bonus, which is clearly wrong.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 02, 2010, 03:05:28 pm »

By the by, how do you get blessed-forged armor and such? Do you have a racial ability that lets you do that or something?

Flavor text, with the hope that Otu my add some small or negligible advantage with it.

What the?

Also, can I suggest a different name for Logistics? Logistics refers to the movement of men, equipment, and supplies; it has nothing to do with raising troops. You could call it Military Training, maybe, or Conscription, or maybe something along the lines of Improved Recruitment.

Yeah, I was hoping that he might grant the tech a small upkeep bonus as well, though perhaps Conscription or Military Training would be better.

Also, you just gave me an idea for an Enlightenment-requiring technology.

As for the axe-head thing, I was trying to get more use out of my iron, though I may be mistaken with one of the rules...

Does 1 unit of iron = 2 weapons/armor? Does 1 unit of beast armor require 1 unit of iron and, if so, should it give a bit more benefit then normal armor?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 02, 2010, 04:08:57 pm »

All metal equipment requires at least 1 metal. Heavy armor takes 2. Also, don't forget that you need Metalcrafting to make flexible armor.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 02, 2010, 04:47:19 pm »

So it is. Looks like Knight Otu didn't take care of it, though. I don't know what's up with your money, actually; by my math you should have 55, not 69.

Oh, and Otu? I'm not sure if my morale is supposed to be 7 or 8, but right now you've got it at 7 but still giving me a labor bonus, which is clearly wrong.
Urgh, I thought I had that sorted out, but I think Chedd didn't use the extra labor he paid for, so it should be 65.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 02, 2010, 04:54:13 pm »

Flavor text, with the hope that Otu my add some small or negligible advantage with it.
Even if the advantage is very small, that's still a little unfair, don't you think?

Vanigo, do you want to hire out another Constructor for a turn? Probably for more than one turn (we'll see next turn), but possibly for just one. If so, I'll send over the money this turn, and you can send over the constructor this turn as well.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 05:13:02 pm by Cheddarius »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 02, 2010, 06:38:33 pm »

Even if the advantage is very small, that's still a little unfair, don't you think?

hat's for the GM to decide. The text itself is nothing but flavor; it's the GM is who interprets it as something more.

Also, I got the idea from IronyOwl's RP. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if everyone could give their soldiers/weapons a little bit of flair.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 02, 2010, 09:58:35 pm »

Knight Otu, I'm still waiting to hear what my morale and labor for this turn are.

Ched, I'm about to train a couple new constructor units for myself to use the money a mint will get me. I'd rather not send any more out for a few turns.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 02, 2010, 10:21:05 pm »

All right.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 02, 2010, 10:44:20 pm »

hat's for the GM to decide. The text itself is nothing but flavor; it's the GM is who interprets it as something more.
That's not the issue, though. Each unit of weapons is supposed to take 1 metal, and you're trying to use 1 for 3. Throwing wood in there as well, of course, but still.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 03, 2010, 12:04:46 am »

That's not the issue, though. Each unit of weapons is supposed to take 1 metal, and you're trying to use 1 for 3. Throwing wood in there as well, of course, but still.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the conversion rate of metal to weapons.

Changing.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 03, 2010, 12:35:59 am »

On that note, do weapons matter? I mean, are spearmen especially good against cavalry, who will slaughter ranged units? Are swordsmen good against axemen, or something like that?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 03, 2010, 01:27:42 am »

Otu said earlier that weapons are mostly cosmetic, but certain tactics might rely on certain types. So spears probably aren't innately good against cavalry, but you can probably research a spear-dependent anti-cavalry tactic easier than you could an axe-dependent or any-weapon one.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 65