Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92727 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game ongoing)
« Reply #615 on: August 26, 2010, 02:23:36 pm »

I keep wanting to make one, but I'm busy with RTDs and can never be certain of the theme I'd want. Right now I'm playing Starcraft 2, for instance, so obviously at the moment I'd want it to be civs in space. Not sure how I'd feel if I was playing an awesome fantasy game though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 26, 2010, 06:35:43 pm »

I would host it, but I have the tendency to abandon games I host...

I could if there's enough interest, I suppose. And maybe it would help if everybody kept poking me.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 27, 2010, 07:54:59 pm »

I've been kicking the notion around. Been thinking about some significant rules changes, like a major rework of morale and population growth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 28, 2010, 10:21:06 pm »

It's been two weeks since the last update. :-[
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 29, 2010, 03:23:27 am »

Already? Crap. *pokes self*

I do want to know what you did to the randomization methods of the world though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 29, 2010, 02:01:45 pm »

"If you have more than three luxury goods, further bonuses become harder to get; each additional point of morale takes two different resources."
What does that mean? Does that mean I need half a morale bonus of this and half of that, or I need double morale bonus? For example, I need 2.7 luxury units; does that mean I could use 1.3 silver jewelry and 1.4 gold jewelry, or would I need 2.7 silver and 2.7 gold?

Also, my turn says I have 2.8 clothes, 2.4 gold jewelry, and 14 food but my calculations showed 0.5 clothes, 0.4 gold jewelry, and 11 food... what's the discrepancy? Is it because of something in morale?

Guys, I'm going to research chemistry. Medicines and such, mostly. In the real world, this is really advanced, but think of it as my replacement for magic, okay? Because the Lactosians work with science, not magic, so I need an equivalent "magic"... so don't be alarmed. It'll be tame stuff like you guys have, no crop dusters spraying entire cities with cyanide and killing everyone or whatnot. Just adrenaline for an attack boost, bonuses like you guys use. I've worked it out with Knight Otu, I'll use Chemists = casters, and for mp I'll have Chemicals, or something. And for temples I could have laboratories. Things like that. It's just different in semantics, not (hopefully) in ability.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 02:09:17 pm by Cheddarius »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 29, 2010, 02:21:43 pm »

"If you have more than three luxury goods, further bonuses become harder to get; each additional point of morale takes two different resources."
What does that mean? Does that mean I need half a morale bonus of this and half of that, or I need double morale bonus? For example, I need 2.7 luxury units; does that mean I could use 1.3 silver jewelry and 1.4 gold jewelry, or would I need 2.7 silver and 2.7 gold?
It means that once you have a +3 bonus to morale from luxury goods, the +4 requires twice the amount of luxury resources, and they need to be at least two different luxury resources.

Also, my turn says I have 2.8 clothes, 2.4 gold jewelry, and 14 food but my calculations showed 0.5 clothes, 0.4 gold jewelry, and 11 food... what's the discrepancy? Is it because of something in morale?
Yeah, that's the result of the former. You didn't have the luxury to get to +4, so I only took away the resources to get to +3. That, and I used the wrong amount for clothing again :-[.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 29, 2010, 02:42:50 pm »

Aw, no ruthless ratmen persecution? Slippery buggers.

Isn't deep fishing practically useless for anyone who doesn't have a submerged city to begin with? Its only direct benefit is to let me build normal farms on two additional tiles, and even that's out the window with Sea Farming.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 29, 2010, 02:44:58 pm »

Yeah, that's the result of the former. You didn't have the luxury to get to +4, so I only took away the resources to get to +3. That, and I used the wrong amount for clothing again :-[.
In that case: last turn, I had 3 luxuries (clothes, jewelry, spirit/music), and got 9 morale. This turn, I also had 3 luxuries, but I had -1 morale from overcrowding. So, shouldn't I have 8 morale, not 9?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 29, 2010, 02:52:41 pm »

Aw, no ruthless ratmen persecution? Slippery buggers.

Isn't deep fishing practically useless for anyone who doesn't have a submerged city to begin with? Its only direct benefit is to let me build normal farms on two additional tiles, and even that's out the window with Sea Farming.
Hm, yeah, I think I should let it stack with wharves. Sea Farming is a bit of a misnomer in the context of the game, being more like mining in function, but well...

In that case: last turn, I had 3 luxuries (clothes, jewelry, spirit/music), and got 9 morale. This turn, I also had 3 luxuries, but I had -1 morale from overcrowding. So, shouldn't I have 8 morale, not 9?
There's always something, isn't there?
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 29, 2010, 02:57:16 pm »

So, a few questions. First, what happened to my cartography research? I see you decided everyone should be getting maps anyway; did you just not put any of my research into it? Second, what's up with my overcrowding penalties? Thanks to Diverse Dwellers, I should only be looking at -1.5% pop growth and no morale penalty. Third, why does my military cost 6 upkeep? I've only got four units. Fourth, I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have that much jewelry and clothing left.

Oh, and shouldn't Ched's overcrowding penalties be higher?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 29, 2010, 03:19:01 pm »

I hope the errors are resolved now.

I didn't put any research into cartography, yes. I've been meaning to post maps like that anyway. I guess a Tactics: Exploration technology should be possible though.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 29, 2010, 03:43:01 pm »

Oh, and shouldn't Ched's overcrowding penalties be higher?
Yeah I think I should actually have -3% pop growth, not -2%.
If you're talking about morale, I already told him about that.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 29, 2010, 06:06:10 pm »

Yeah I think I should actually have -3% pop growth, not -2%.
If you're talking about morale, I already told him about that.
Yeah, and -1 morale for next turn, too. And he didn't fix my overcrowding penalties for next turn, either.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 29, 2010, 07:13:48 pm »

Yeah, and -1 morale for next turn, too. And he didn't fix my overcrowding penalties for next turn, either.
Huh? Next turn? Next turn hasn't happened yet, how could he have made a mistake?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65