Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92721 times)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game starts!)
« Reply #285 on: May 29, 2010, 08:16:49 pm »

That's remarkably incomplete. You haven't said anything about... well, much of anything. You've briefly described The Chosen and said a couple vague things about the cult, but that's it. We don't know anything about the city, the (presumably theocratic) government, the people, not even the day-to-day religion affairs.

Yeah, I kinda clicked the "Post" button too early, and I'm having a bit of writer's block. Trying to add more information...
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 29, 2010, 08:56:51 pm »

What the?
Er.... I confused you with Abculatter. >_>

Also,
3) Research metalworking, archery, maybe deep mining
Is this allowed? Can you research something and have the extra carry over into the next tech you want?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:00:35 pm by Cheddarius »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 29, 2010, 09:02:53 pm »

There, is that better? Or is there something else I need to add?

Also, I really need to change some of those names. They seem way too generic and a few of them (like the Creeping Madness) are just entirely unsuitable.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:34:25 am by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2010, 11:26:35 am »

I assume that from now on, the Mechanic's Workshop will act your way, not Vanigo's way, yes? Otherwise, there could be room for mild exploitation by switching to one way or another to gain small amounts of labor/resources.
It will only work the way I described in my last post, rounding normally. So, in your case, you add the 3 and 4 to 7, and 75% of that rounds to 5, which isn't a change from your current turn.

I think that my flexible armor would have actually required 1.5 labor, not 1. So, technically I shouldn't have been able to make it. However, I had 645 extra people, more than enough for the .5 extra labor, so can you forgive that?
Carp. I wanted to mention that - you posted that you wanted to create flexible shields, not flexible armor. Since it's my error, I'll let it go and deduct the 0.5 labor from the Excess Labor Pool next turn.

I gathered 2 wood last turn, and used 1 to build a Pasture. Why do I have no wood now? I should have 1.
You didn't add the weapons I made to the resources.
Mistyped the wood in my spreadsheets. I'll add that back. No need to add the weapons, really, since you're equipping your people now anyway.

How do pastures work? Do you choose which bonus you want (food, wool, animal) when you make it, or when you work it? Can you choose +1 food this turn, then +1 wool next turn, etc.?
You choose the bonus when you work the tile.

How does jewelry work?
Same as clothes - 1 labor and 1 jewelry-able resource get you 1.0 jewelry.
I originally planned for different jewelry not to stack, but since it's likely that it'll require trading, I'll allow them to stack.

If I have 10 luxury points from Music, and I've already filled my Clothing luxury quota (1.7 clothes), can I add another .7 clothes to augment the Music luxury and get another morale point? Because otherwise, it doesn't seem to be very useful, unless you put a ton of food into it.
No. Well, you can't, at least. evilcherry is the only one who can.

What happened to the civ of demons and angels? Did the player leave?
He was banned, unfortunately. Storywise, the Sidhe probably entered a spirit realm of sorts from which they watch the mortals.

Is this allowed? Can you research something and have the extra carry over into the next tech you want?
Not quite. When someone wants to research multiple topics and doesn't post a labor division, I create a labor decision based on the posted priorities. Excess research points do not carry over. Similarly, if someone posts a desire to research a technology not yet available to them, I'll assign that research to a/the prerequisite technology.

I'll get back to abculatter_2 soon.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2010, 11:30:59 am »

Thank you for all the answers!
What's the difference between flexible shields and flexible armor?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2010, 11:35:28 am »

There is no such thing as flexible shields (or should not, I hope I didn't mess up the reference post), which is why I wanted to mention it.

Edit - Okay, seems I simply missed adding metal shields.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2010, 11:44:36 am »

So do we have armor, shields, and weapons? Or just armor and weapons? Or just shields and weapons?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2010, 11:48:04 am »

Armor, shields, and weapons are in the game.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2010, 12:07:24 pm »

Otu, how do you want me to post my turn? Will I just RP in a spoiler, leaving numbers vague so you can fill them in more specifically, or will you RP me in? I'd rather do most of it myself, I already have a scene in my head.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2010, 12:21:03 pm »

You mean your arrival/foundation? You have reasonably free reign there.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2010, 01:33:57 pm »

Is there a difference between armor and shields?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2010, 02:07:18 pm »

Armor generally adds hit points (that is, it softens attacks), and shields generally improve defense (deflecting strikes).
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2010, 02:11:41 pm »

If I have 10 luxury points from Music, and I've already filled my Clothing luxury quota (1.7 clothes), can I add another .7 clothes to augment the Music luxury and get another morale point? Because otherwise, it doesn't seem to be very useful, unless you put a ton of food into it.
No. Well, you can't, at least. evilcherry is the only one who can.
Oh, that's what that means? How exactly does that work? He can use any combination of luxury resources, as long as the total morale gain is no greater than the number of resources involved? That'd be potent.

Not quite. When someone wants to research multiple topics and doesn't post a labor division, I create a labor decision based on the posted priorities. Excess research points do not carry over. Similarly, if someone posts a desire to research a technology not yet available to them, I'll assign that research to a/the prerequisite technology.
Oh, really? Forget deep mining, then; I just wanted something to dump excess research points into in case I had any. I'll edit my turn accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:16:50 pm by Vanigo »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2010, 02:51:52 pm »

There. Written. You can do whatever you want with the map and such, just please don't make it completely contradict what has been written. I'd also like to have those two resources I told you about in that PM, though I'd understand if you didn't give me them (at least, not easily)

Now, I'm going to take a walk, then go to sleep. I've been up since yesterday.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:55:11 pm by abculatter_2 »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2010, 05:46:22 pm »

I'm stealing a bunch of your people
... What the fuck do you think you're doing?

Edit: And if the answer is "What Knight Otu said I could" I have an extremely angry rant to get into.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 07:42:17 pm by Vanigo »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 65