Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92671 times)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game ongoing)
« Reply #915 on: December 02, 2010, 01:48:35 pm »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 03, 2010, 10:23:24 pm »

Ba-dump
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 05, 2010, 12:38:07 pm »

*cough*

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 07, 2010, 02:04:45 pm »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 09, 2010, 01:22:22 pm »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 10, 2010, 08:54:01 am »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 10, 2010, 10:33:32 am »

*kick*
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 10, 2010, 06:56:08 pm »

I said it before, and I'll say it again - I do not want to abandon this game. I am however painfully aware that the pace is not fair to anyone.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 10, 2010, 07:35:34 pm »

Quote from: Knight Otu
(I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that barding and armor are the same and don't stack somewhere... I hope it wasn't only in a PM)
Wow, I wasted a lot of time debating steel armor vs iron armor+barding. And now I've got some flexible iron armor it turns out I don't want. I don't suppose I can change those three labor to research or making strong iron or something?

Aqua Kaolinae
  1 compounds
  Reduces the need for population food by 2 the turn it is applied, but not by more than half.
Wait, what? One unit of medics can feed 6,000 people, with no downside? That's kind of ridiculous. Maybe if it also reduced available labor, since it's not really that healthy to be eating lots of semi-food? Knocking off one labor per casting is probably too much, though; maybe double the cost and effect, then lose one labor per casting? That would be equivalent to spending compounds to access extra 4 food tiles (limited by total population), which sounds pretty reasonable.

Message of the Stars
  2 mp
  Allows the caster to send a message of up to 25 words to any being on the same plane known to and specified by the caster.
Uh, why?
Also, a reminder: The Tokk aren't really insectoid. They're just vaguely reminiscent of insects - they're bald and bug-eyed and have they shiny skin in a range of insect-appropriate colors. And they occasionally have small fairy wings, which are basically insect wings except that they have nothing to do with actually being bugs.

Also: Woo! New turn!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 10, 2010, 08:07:39 pm »

Quote from: Knight Otu
(I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that barding and armor are the same and don't stack somewhere... I hope it wasn't only in a PM)
If it was, that was probably my fault. I know I was aware of it, but I think that might have been from my elephant plotting.

Aqua Kaolinae
  1 compounds
  Reduces the need for population food by 2 the turn it is applied, but not by more than half.
Wait, what? One unit of medics can feed 6,000 people, with no downside? That's kind of ridiculous. Maybe if it also reduced available labor, since it's not really that healthy to be eating lots of semi-food? Knocking off one labor per casting is probably too much, though; maybe double the cost and effect, then lose one labor per casting? That would be equivalent to spending compounds to access extra 4 food tiles (limited by total population), which sounds pretty reasonable.
It's pretty deep in the tech tree I think, but I agree that sounds overly powerful and rather weird.

Message of the Stars
  2 mp
  Allows the caster to send a message of up to 25 words to any being on the same plane known to and specified by the caster.
Uh, why?
I'd greatly prefer if it was two-way, but I'm quite certain I can find a use for it.

If you're asking "how does it work," I'm less certain. Perhaps dreams like I originally intended.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 10, 2010, 08:08:15 pm »

Can you train and move a unit on the same turn?

Can you recruit a unit and move them on the same turn?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 10, 2010, 08:09:02 pm »

I think I should have 0 iron, not 3... Oops, forgot about error in previous turn. It seems to be accurate.

Also, I researched and discovered Organized Religion in year 26, but it's not in my technology list.

Bah. Just noticed that last turn I miscalculated the labor for alloys: I spent 5 labor on 5 alloys when my Smelter enables me to spend 2.5 labor on 5 alloys... what do I do about that?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 09:18:33 pm by Cheddarius »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 10, 2010, 08:11:12 pm »

I would assume not for the first. I'm certain it's no for the second, though they will participate in defensive battles.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 10, 2010, 08:14:30 pm »

I would assume not for the first. I'm certain it's no for the second, though they will participate in defensive battles.
This is correct. You also can't change a unit's equipment and move them in the same turn.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 10, 2010, 09:13:49 pm »

This is correct. You also can't change a unit's equipment and move them in the same turn.

Bah. It takes an entire year to pick up a wooden sword? Since when was this game based off of Dwarf Fortress?

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 65