Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92678 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game starts!)
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2010, 03:52:16 am »

Quarrying is indeed a good way to find ores, but it isn't the only one. I'll reveal that certain avenues of research also provide chances to receive special resources, and one of the good random events can also grant them. There might be other ways.

This mostly still applies. You can try using labor or even leaders (not that generals or governors are good at it) to prospect, but that is less likely to find anything than quarrying.

Hang on, you and evilcherry researched mining this turn, I forgot to account for that. That might get you metal after all.

Eyep, Neruz did get something after all.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:13:35 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2010, 09:40:27 am »

Yessss!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2010, 04:13:38 pm »

We are missing a few turns, aren't we?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2010, 06:08:11 pm »

Sorry, was a difficult turn to work out. Too many things I want to do all at once. :P

Also, you said more flexible armor cost 1 labor point more; does that mean with a military workshop it costs 1.5 labor total?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2010, 06:30:55 pm »

ATTENTION - I MUST PAY IT

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2010, 01:59:08 am »

Later, since I'm more engaged on RL matters...

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2010, 09:36:54 am »

No worries, real life should always take precedence.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2010, 05:53:47 am »

Chedd, since you can't get more than 1 morale from a single luxury resource, it'll take all 1.3 units of clothing to get the morale boost. Yes/No?

Edit, I keep forgetting this question:
Also, you said more flexible armor cost 1 labor point more; does that mean with a military workshop it costs 1.5 labor total?
Kind of, yes. You could use 2 labor for 1 unit of flexible armor, and the 0.5 labor used too much will be added to the labor pool for the next turn. Or you could use 3 labor for 2 units of flexible armor.

Edit edit: Neruz, you realize that Ceremonial Burial has no immediate benefit to you?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 08:48:17 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2010, 10:29:40 am »

Yes.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2010, 07:36:35 pm »

Edit edit: Neruz, you realize that Ceremonial Burial has no immediate benefit to you?

What? Oh, i thought i just didn't get any benefit from Shrines, not spirituality in general.

Hmm, that's going to seriously fuck me over in the long run. Alrighty; change Ceremonial Burial to Animal Taming. Might as well start mass farming sheepies to try and get some morale bonuses. Hopefully after i have Mechanics i can research advanced weaving and looms to make clothes cost less labour.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2010, 04:03:50 am »

Yeah, it's always been no spirituality. You can build a clothier's workshop already to reduce the labor cost of clothes, by the way.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2010, 04:28:57 am »

Yeah, i just misread it, but zero spirituality at all means i'm losing out on at least 20 free luxury points, which is going to hurt alot, so i'll hafta really put some work into making clothes as cheap to produce as possible, since i'm already natively down a Morale point anyway.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2010, 04:34:07 am »

Also; i'm pretty sure that's not my map picture :P , you appear to have me and the Lactosians mixed up.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2010, 05:51:52 am »

Also; i'm pretty sure that's not my map picture :P , you appear to have me and the Lactosians mixed up.
Whoops. :-[ Fixed.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2010, 01:03:39 pm »

For the mechanic's workshop, by "+33% to all construction" you mean "-33% to construction materials, labor, etc.", right? How does the rounding work for that?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65