Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick Question About Tower Cap Farms  (Read 826 times)

Onamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quick Question About Tower Cap Farms
« on: March 07, 2010, 10:42:08 am »

Well I dug out a big reservoir system and everything underground so I can muddy some rock underground for Tower Caps, (and normal farm plots in other places later) but the area I dug out is full of rocks.  Can the Tower Caps grow while the rocks are still there, or do I need to wait for my masons/craftsdwarves to clear them all out first?
...a massive, golden, middle finger... to let the damn goblins who attack every merchant caravan that comes through know what I think of them.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question About Tower Cap Farms
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 10:50:09 am »

I believe you need to clear all the rocks out before anything will grow.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 10:52:10 am »

You can make it easy by designating a dump zone (i) and designating the whole room to be dumped (d)-(b)-(d).
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Onamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 11:02:33 am »

Thanks, off to go do that now
...a massive, golden, middle finger... to let the damn goblins who attack every merchant caravan that comes through know what I think of them.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 11:57:26 am »

They will grow even with rocks there.

Onamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 12:06:05 pm »

Well I already got it all cleared out, so whatever, time to start up the irrigation.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 12:32:29 pm »

They will grow even with rocks there.
Saplings might appear under rocks, but they won't mature until there's nothing else on the tile.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Onamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 01:22:21 pm »

Well that's all set up, now I just have to wait for the Tower Caps to start growing on their own...