Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46

Author Topic: Dfterm2 0.16, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely  (Read 250195 times)

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

You need an SSH client, I'm pretty sure someone back up the thread somewhere mentioned one for 'droid devices.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile

Can I have help with android phones. I want mah DF.
This.

Is there anyone playing with an android phone right now? I have an HTC with hardware keyboard and I would LOOOOOVE to play DF on this thing.
No answer to this?

Can someone explain what I really need, for example what app, what settings I need to use etc.
I want it to run on a Win7 desktop and be able to play with my Android Phone.

I don't have any experience with Android devices so I can't answer. The general tip is that you need an application that offers Telnet and terminal emulation.

If someone knows a suitable program, what caveats there are, any incompatibilities, tips or suggestions etc. regarding Android and dfterm2, I can link to that from the first post.
I make dead people. Dfterm3

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This can act as a Multiplayer DF right? I am trying to introduce a friend to DF and he is one of those...

"IS IT MULTIPLAYER!!! MUST HAVE MULTIPLAYER!!! BLLLAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!! NO MULTIPLAYER MEANS ITS SHIT!!!! BLAGH!!!"
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile

Uh, wrong... Only Toady could put multiplayer in, and it would take years of work to get it to work well. This is for being able to DF without killing your computer.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, wrong... Only Toady could put multiplayer in, and it would take years of work to get it to work well. This is for being able to DF without killing your computer.
Act as... Key Words there...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can use this to allow different people to take over different forts without having to deal with save games. The watchers can even take over whenever they want, I think.  You might try checking in the DF Multiplayer thread, they set up a couple of shared servers and can talk about how that worked.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can use this to allow different people to take over different forts without having to deal with save games. The watchers can even take over whenever they want, I think.  You might try checking in the DF Multiplayer thread, they set up a couple of shared servers and can talk about how that worked.
There is a Multiplayer Thread??? Whats it called, haven't seen it in the Search...

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Terminutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you plan on updating this for the new version? (I'm not demanding, just curious.)
It seems like a really neat program.

toboo123

• Bay Watcher
  • Cries when friends don't like DF
    • View Profile

This is cool, but i don't get on the point of this it seems everyone on the server controls the same cursor, so wouldn't you be better off using RDP or just plugging a second keyboard into your MLG gaming desktop, unless I did something wrong and everyone is exposed to control something separably please tell me if that is the case.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..

There is only one cursor in the game to control. See the first post/manual for additional game management features?
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm2 0.14, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely
« Reply #521 on: February 21, 2012, 12:40:46 am »

I've released Dfterm2 0.14. This supports DF 34.2.

Also, I've fixed a few things and added FreeBSD support. It's also now possible to add configurations for new DF versions without having to recompile. This means you don't need to wait for me to release a new Dfterm2 version when next DF version comes out. I'll post a document on how to do that when I have time. For now I'll just say you need to modify dfterm2.conf in the installation directory.

I believe I might have finally fixed the black screen bug.

The changelog is longer this time.

0.13 --> 0.14
- FreeBSD support
- DF 0.34.2 (SDL) support
- Configurable addresses so that future DF versions don't need a new Dfterm2 release
- Fixed screen not cleared when connecting
- Fixed screen sometimes being black when on Windows
- Fix bogus error message when a user stops watching slots
- Dfterm2 now respects locales for the server side. Clients still only use UTF-8.
- Limits on how many connections and slots there can be have been increased.
- Refreshing rate has been increased from 30fps to 60fps when on Linux or FreeBSD
- Dfterm2 warns if you are not using UTF-8 locale on the server.
- Dfterm2 no longer uses the trankesbel submodule
- Sqlite3 has been updated to 3.7.10
- Esc delay has been reduced from 50ms to 10ms
I make dead people. Dfterm3

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 21, 2012, 07:08:52 am »

Is it possible to make DFTerm use Ironhand's graphic set?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 21, 2012, 08:59:11 am »

Adeon, thank you yet again. You're the best, man.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #524 on: February 21, 2012, 04:20:37 pm »

Thanks for updating! Your work is outstanding and appreciated.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46