Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46

Author Topic: Dfterm2 0.16, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely  (Read 250204 times)

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile

Would future versions be able to support graphics sets?

No.
I make dead people. Dfterm3

Difference

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

When I start up dfterm2 I get this error message:

Code: [Select]
2011-11-14 02:12:05 Error: Listening as telnet service at address 0.0.0.0:8000 f
ailed. bind() failure. Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network a
ddress/port) is normally permitted.

Could not add a telnet service.

Anyone has an idea what's causing it?

I'm using windows 7 64bit and just did a fresh install of dfterm 0.13.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile

When I start up dfterm2 I get this error message:

2011-11-14 02:12:05 Error: Listening as telnet service at address 0.0.0.0:8000 f
ailed. bind() failure. Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network a
ddress/port) is normally permitted.

Could not add a telnet service.

Anyone has an idea what's causing it?

I'm using windows 7 64bit and just did a fresh install of dfterm 0.13.

Some other program is hogging the port 8000. Find out what's the program that does that or use --port command line switch to change the port dfterm2 uses.

Difference

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

hmm, I thought i checked port 8000, I didn't have any programs using it.

But changing the port worked... So can't complain.

Thx! :)

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to create an iPhone version of this?

Or is a Nokia N9000 not a phone?
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

Dfterm is a server, what you'd want on your phone'd be a client. IIRC someone posted about an android client many pages back. I'm sure there's a client available for iOS. No idea about a Nokia N9000...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile

You need a telnet client. If I recall correctly, iSSH is one that can do it. I don't remember if it's free though.

Also, playing on a phone may not be as fun as you'd initially think.

Nokia N900 is a smartphone with which I am also writing this reply.

Adellus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

nvm, i didnt read the instructions fully x.x

Ghosy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Some people may have been having the an issue with compiling, but I was able to resolve this for myself by doing the following. I checked every package 2 times after that I thought the installing guide might be missing a package and I checked the FindLua.cmake and to my great relief I was correct. I found that the FindLua included LuaJit which I didn't find to be mentioned anywhere else. After installing LuJit, I am now able to successfully compile the program. libluajit-5.1-dev was the package that I used for my copy of Ubuntu 10.10 and it worked like a charm. It would be nice if a note that LuaJit is one of the possible things that a user may be lacking if they are experiencing issues.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile

Some people may have been having the an issue with compiling, but I was able to resolve this for myself by doing the following. I checked every package 2 times after that I thought the installing guide might be missing a package and I checked the FindLua.cmake and to my great relief I was correct. I found that the FindLua included LuaJit which I didn't find to be mentioned anywhere else. After installing LuJit, I am now able to successfully compile the program. libluajit-5.1-dev was the package that I used for my copy of Ubuntu 10.10 and it worked like a charm. It would be nice if a note that LuaJit is one of the possible things that a user may be lacking if they are experiencing issues.

LuaJIT is optional. The listings in the cmake file only mean it tries to find that first and if it fails, it falls back to vanilla Lua. For some reason the fallback didn't work in your case though.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I have help with android phones. I want mah DF.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Sarganto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This.

Is there anyone playing with an android phone right now? I have an HTC with hardware keyboard and I would LOOOOOVE to play DF on this thing.

Dragonfire6000

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Having a problem with launching a World. i make the slot everything is fine until right after i lauch it imediatly closes the slot anyone else gettin this problem?

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile

Having a problem with launching a World. i make the slot everything is fine until right after i lauch it imediatly closes the slot anyone else gettin this problem?

This usually means you put the executable path wrong. The console should have an error message regarding that.

One pitfall is that you need to use the % character to escape spaces in the path when configuring the slot profile, see the example below.
Suppose your DF executable is "c:\hello world\df_31_25\Dwarf Fortress.exe"

THIS IS WRONG:
c:\hello world\df_31_25\Dwarf Fortress.exe

THIS IS CORRECT:
c:\hello% world\df_31_25\Dwarf% Fortress.exe

Also remember to set the working path correctly to the same directory where DF executable is.

If the DF is actually working fine until embarking or world generation (I'm not completely sure from your description where exactly your problem happens), the DF crashes or shuts down for some reason. It would be unlikely this is a dfterm2 problem.

Sarganto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This.

Is there anyone playing with an android phone right now? I have an HTC with hardware keyboard and I would LOOOOOVE to play DF on this thing.
No answer to this?

Can someone explain what I really need, for example what app, what settings I need to use etc.
I want it to run on a Win7 desktop and be able to play with my Android Phone.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46